Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Crazy Nick

Valentines Day gift bike

My wifey's Valentines Day gift. It took her a minute to realize that the bike was also part of the gift. (1967 Schwinn Hollywood)
  2. Crazy Nick

Seeking SoCal bike tech..

I need a few rims laced and a hub serviced. Does anybody know of a good shop or person in Orange County area ?
  3. Crazy Nick

Show us your kid’s bikes

68 Stingray Midget..
  4. Crazy Nick

Bruce Lee muscle bike

I wasn't sure where to go with this but I just thought it was kinda cool :cool:
  5. Crazy Nick

DIY Duck Tail Fender

How would you DIY a duck tail fender without any fancy equipment ? I've contacted a couple of local Hot Rod shops that could probably easily do it but as soon I mention that it's for a bicycle they lose interest.
  6. Crazy Nick

Dave Erickson / Schwinn painter ?

FYI, I contacted him and he's still painting cars but no longer painting bikes..
  7. Crazy Nick

Schwinn speedometer

I have. It's not too hard, just bend those little tabs and be careful not to scratch it. Since the Stingray ones typically cost more I used to buy a Stingray one with rough chrome and buy a standard one that had good chrome but was cheaper and just swap out the insides.. What was your issue or...
  8. Crazy Nick

Removing water slide decals

Does anybody know a safe way to remove standard Schwinn water slide decals without harming the paint ? My older brother said "use a rag with hot water" which sounded like it would work but it didn't. I read about acetone free nail polish remover, but I'de rather get a little feedback before...
  9. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

I would prefer WW tires with the fenders too but this is an early year that runs an S-2 rear rim with 2.125 rear tire (like a 20" inch Stingray), but it's literally impossible to find a 2.125 rear WW tire (original or repop). They make WW & BW replicas of the front S-7 Superior tire because...
  10. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

Both ways are original. Deluxe had fenders, standards were fenderless..
  11. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

So do big kids ;)
  12. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

I bought this 68" Midget for my son a few months back and he's still a few months away from being tall enough to ride it. I've been looking for these fenders but now that I put them on I think that fenderless is starting to grow on me. I think fenders look classy and fenderless looks a little...
  13. Crazy Nick

Vintage Schwinn ad (misprint)

Thank you, that's very nice of you, I really appreciate it.
  14. Crazy Nick

"1.75" middleweight front tire" The front tire size is what I was referring to as a misprint. 1.75 tires don't fit S-7 front rims. I'm pretty sure that 67-68 were the only two years that Midgets ran an S-2 in the rear, 69 and up ran S-7's on front & rear but all of the front tires were 1 3/4...
  15. Crazy Nick

That's funny ^^^. In that case the Midgets shoulda been called Little Person Stingrays 😆
  16. Crazy Nick

All 60’s Stingray's including these Midgets run S-7 front rims with 1 3/4 tires. A 1.75 tire as described won't fit on an S-7 rim. It's actually a very common mistake, 1.75 isn't the same as 1 3/4.
  17. Crazy Nick

It's more like mis-information, not terminology..
  18. Crazy Nick

My son is crazy about trains and we've actually been to the spot in the photo, it's called Travel Town at Griffith Park in L.A. It would be cool to take him there with his bike for a little photo shoot.. Can anyone spot the misprint in the ad text ?
  19. Crazy Nick

Electra Tiger shark 3i

I just found one of these 20 inch Tiger Sharks on Offer-Up for $100. My first thought was it would be cool to bob the rear fender like a Stingray length with a duck-tail, then when I started thinking custom Rat Rod this came to mind, or something like this in a functional version. My son is...
  20. Crazy Nick

Coppertone February '64 Stingray find...

@ Vince.. Year to year there are very subtle differences, for example 66 had the deep tufted seat and 67 had the silver mylar stripes on the seats. I like to be very close to original but that said I don't worry too much about what other people are going to think because it's my bike. Remember...
Back