Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kram

Cloud 9

I was going to enter a build off bike from another build off that I haven’t finished. Once I started digging around looking at parts I decided to start a new build. I picked up this old Hawthorne about a year ago for really cheap. It’s a custom bike that an unknown builder built. It wasn’t my...
  2. kram

Reentering a build

I started this bike in the last off road build off. I got some major damage on the frame fixed, started mocking it up, and that’s as far as I got. I don’t have a lot of time for this years build off, but I’d also really like finish this bike. Would it be cool to enter this one again, or is it...
  3. kram

Two prewar Hawthorne’s. On is a true zep

Picked up these two last night. The zep was posted on local classifieds, with one crappy picture. I wasn’t exactly sure what it even was, but for the price it was worth the hour and a half drive. When I got there they said there was another old bike that they hadn’t posted yet. It was the one...
  4. kram

Golden, rules!

My other build in this category has slowed a little, just waiting for a good time to get some paint on it. I got thinking that I should have enough parts to throw together another off road machine, and this one doesn’t require paint. I picked up this 1965 varsity a few years ago. I would have...
  5. kram

Nirve cannibal

Picked this one up for cheap. It was just the frame, fork, and few other parts. I stuck some wheels on it to get it rolling. It’s a little rough and someone cut the fork legs down. I’m not really into the chopper look, so I probably would have done the same thing. I’ll probably put some 5 1/2”...
  6. kram

The Vacation

Sometimes when you get back from vacation you have to work on getting skinny. I was on a short trip through western Colorado this past weekend, and picked up this cheap schwinn in Montrose. I believe it is a 1948 dx. It has mostly mismatched parts and a fair amount of damage. There’s a pretty...
  7. kram

Salt Flat cycle truck

Picked up this custom bike locally last week. It’s a really cool bike, but most of it will go to other builds. I picked up a cycle truck frame and fork a few years ago and I’ve been meaning to build it for a while. I put the moon disc on the rear and I think this is the direction I’m going to...
  8. kram

Moon disc custom bike

I picked up this custom locally for a really good price. It’s the first time I’ve ever had a custom bike built by someone else. I don’t know who built it though, the person I got it from wasn’t the original builder. It does seem familiar, and I wonder if it was built by someone on this site. It...
  9. kram

Single & Ready to Mingle

Got this one all done. I figured the Bonneville Salt Flats would be a perfect place for pictures. It is still pretty soggy out there so I got a few pictures on the salt and the rest are from the surrounding area. Part breakdown: 1957 Schwinn Flying star single bar frame Custom made cast...
  10. kram

SOLD Pending. Felt Antique Archeology frame, fork, and parts. $200

Another project I won’t get around too. Super nice bike, but does have a chip here and there. Good fitting steel frame for an adult. These frames were individually numbered, this one is #350. Buyer pays actual shipping through bike flights. I would guess shipping is somewhere around $75. Asking...
  11. kram

1980 Schwinn cruiser and Electra relic

I haven’t had a lot of time to work on bikes but I recently picked up a nice Electra for cheap and is being used to tow my daughter around in a trailer. I also picked up a pretty nice 1980 schwinn cruiser last night that has a nice mcs stem.
  12. kram

Single & Ready to Mingle

I picked up this single bar schwinn a couple years back and it’s been hanging in my garage since. I always thought these were cool and weird frames. I think they only made them for a few years, if I remember correctly this one is a 1957 flying star. Plans are for a pretty simple build. For...
  13. kram

1938 elgin oriole, 1941 Cadillac, 1979 spitfire

I haven’t posted any new finds in here for a while. I had these three finds come up all pretty recently. The oriole year is a bit of a guess, but it should be close. This one was a long drive to get but worth it. It’s kind of an odd one because it’s a Monark built version. Most of the parts are...
  14. kram

SOLD felt rockstar frameset

Felt Rockstar frame. It’s in really good shape, just a little dirty. Remove the decals and it would be a cool bike. All parts include that are in the picture. $100 plus shipping. Buyer pays actual shipping. Propaganda frame SOLD. With what’s going on in the world I’m not sure if this felt...
  15. kram

SOLD Felt 50mm wheelset 24” rear 26 front” with felt tires

Nice set of felt 50mm wide rims with a nexus 3 speed. Comes with quick brick in the front and a thick brick in the rear plus shifter. Have been ridden but everything is in good shape and hubs have recently been serviced. $300 plus shipping for all of it. Buyer pays actual shipping Might take me...
  16. kram

SOLD Delta Hubba Hubba front and rear light sets

Front and rear Delta Hubba Hubba light sets. The front set looks to be unused with minor shelf wear, the rear sets been on a bike but still in pretty good shape. I haven’t tested them and missing one bulb. Brass hardware not original but is included. $115 shipped in the lower 48
  17. kram

‘75 Mag Ray

Finished this one just in time. My idea for this was hot rod meets bmx. It’s a heavy little bike, but rides really good. I feel like this one isn’t quite done and I’ll do a few changes soon. https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/‘75-mag-ray.113126/
  18. kram

Cheap Copper

This ‘68 custom stingray was a fun build. Started with an original frame, fork, crankset, and stem. Most of the other parts came from a donor all pro bike. The 20x3 slick is a really tight squeeze, but it just clears. I always liked the look of the early deluxe chainguard decal so I went with...
  19. kram

‘75 Mag-ray

I recently picked up this little stingray, and since it’s already been converted I figured I would enter it. I would say there’s about a 50% chance that I’ll get it done by the deadline. I’m still trying to find to finish my muscle bike build. I think I’ll put a banana seat back on it. On a...
  20. kram

Schwinn deluxe cruiser, stingray bmx, and a Racer. Added ‘64 stingray

Seems like schwinns have been following me home lately. Found this early 80’s deluxe cruiser this weekend. The tires are shot and the seat needs a recover but it’ll clean up nice. Last week I found this 75 stingray that was given the bmx treatment. I think most of it is original aside from the...
Back