Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mesquite Hugger

Any (west) Texas old bike swap meets or klunker rides coming up this spring? (2023)

Title says almost everything. I'd like to find a few old-bike reasons to get out of Lubbock in the next few months. Preferably west of I-35. Kansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico would be fine too. Thanks!
  2. Mesquite Hugger

DFW People - Any recommendations for a good klunker/mtb trail in south Fort Worth?

I'll be staying southwest of I-20 and 35W and hope to sneak in a few quick rides. I'm looking for a few hills and a few jumps that won't kill a heavy guy on a heavy, no-suspension bike. Please let know if there's anything like that in the area.. Thanks in advance!
  3. Mesquite Hugger

Nel Klunko

Wanting to build pseudo-cargo pseudo-klunker to haul groceries and trail-building tools. So far I have a Nel Lusso frame, a 3-speed Nexus hub, and some green primer. Excited to get this one going! Good-ish bones! I really liked the green primer from my last build-off bike. I'm hoping for...
  4. Mesquite Hugger

Raleigh and Schwinn Framesets and parts

Over the weekend I went to a backyard bike mechanic shop looking for some klunker parts and came home with a few extra frames. Frameset 1 - Raleigh Sports 24" $45 plus shipping. There is a small dent in the top tube just in front of the seat post, otherwise, it seems very straight. That...
  5. Mesquite Hugger

Needing advice for saddle covering

I found this saddle frame in a bucket of old road bike parts. Does anyone have advice on where to buy a cover or on recovering it myself?
  6. Mesquite Hugger

What is this little muscley bike?

This thing is for sale locally for $60. What is it?
  7. Mesquite Hugger

It Works, Man!

(Nothing like a deadline to keep you moving!) Here she is - the Worksman-turned-Moto-Bike Tribute Originally I planned for a more conventional klunker, but then the triple-tree forks magically appeared and I knew it had to be a tribute to the bike I rode as a kid - a 1976 Yamaha Moto-Bike...
  8. Mesquite Hugger

It Works, Man!

9. Mesquite Hugger

What's the widest 24" tire you've run on an unmodified Worksman INB frame?

I'm trying to decide on 24" or 26" for a strandie/klunker build and was hoping for some advice and maybe pics. Thanks!
  10. Mesquite Hugger

Schwinn/Bendix 26" 2-speed NO LONGER FOR SALE

The hub shifts and brakes nicely, rim is straight and all spoke have good tension. It comes with a new Kenda tire (specific for the English Schwinn rim) and a new Sunlite tube. $130 shipped to continental US lower 48. Paypal or Venmo only. Thanks for checking it out!
  11. Mesquite Hugger

Schwinn Typhoon plant bike $50 Brownwood, TX

I'd pick this one up, but it's about 4 hours south. https://abilene.craigslist.org/bik/d/brownwood-cool-plant-bile-old/7224527373.html
  12. Mesquite Hugger

Coffee, Sunrise, November - All good!

Lubbock's not a beautiful place, but I rode the Schwinn to coffee, drank a hot cup outside, watched the sunrise, listened to the birds. Lubbock's a beautiful place if you pick your view.
  13. Mesquite Hugger

Sun 24" Cruiser Frames and Wheels

Not sure if this the right place to post this but wanted to share with the RRB crowd. (If there is a better place, please let me now.) Random Bike Parts just added these new frames ($114 shipped) and wheels ($111 shipped) to their website. Cool little flatbar cruiser...
Back