Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ajames

how to Bike Rally for Ukraine

I keep seeing images of cyclist killed on their bicycles in Ukraine and it really makes me seriously angry 😠. I can't sit by anymore, I feel like I got to do something, even something small like a bike rally where folks can donate bicycles to be shipped to Ukraine. Is this possible and how do...
  2. Ajames

Green pea picker

My boss once and a while finds some pretty cool bikes like this schwin green pea picker. Due to be restored... ;)
  3. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

I'm kicking off another quick build, I have a mongoose dolomite, a big wheel bike. It's amazingly easy to ride, I just don't like some of the cheap components, but those will be changed. With a 100cc 2 stroke coming any day now, I'm ready to make it a really fun bike.
  4. Ajames

Vintage Western Flyer

Last summer at a motorcycle swap meet there was a fellow selling some of the worst condition bikes I have ever seen, rusted out rims, broken spokes etc. What was interesting was they where some of the oldest bikes I have ever seen in person. The old rancher who died was a collector or had a...
  5. Ajames

Friction Drive system

I thought I would start another thread on the Keystone bike, I would like this thread basically to be about the Friction Drive System along with theories and experiments. Since I've never built one before this will probably be a trial and error thang. Any advice and comments are welcomed. There...
  6. Ajames

Keystones Bike Build

Well what can I say, I wanted a hubless electric Springer bicycle. I've built so far the frame, forks and wheels from scratch metal, and working on the fiberglass fenders and a bunch of other things. It has a 48vdc brushless motor with a single speed pedal both turning a friction gear, not...
  7. Ajames

Black Lightning Video

I thought it would be easier to show the build, rather than explain it, check out the last part of the video.
  8. Ajames

Black Lightning

This project required two bicycles and the reason is, I don't like those step through trikes, too flemsy for me. First junker from Walmart is the Hyper beach cruiser, simply because I liked the style of the bike, for a 100 dollar bike I knew it's components would be trash, and they are. Second...
  9. Ajames

The Army Brat

This is a 1973 freedom spirit adult tricycle, sold at Sears. Although I don't like modifying a vintage bike, that's just not me, so I threw on a mountain bike front suspension, 48volt hub motor, hydraulic disc brakes, 12volt lighting system and weld the support it would need for higher speeds.
  10. Ajames

hi my name is Aj

I've been fabricating cycles for years, I'm totally into electrics. My latest project is this Springer tryke. I have to admit it's not a good ideal to put a 48volt hub on a Springer fork, but I'm gonna give it chance, cause I like the vintage look on this one. Thank...
Back