Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BrigmasterA

Vintage Schwinn Decals?

K so this is more of a "where to" than a "how to" question, but I looked at maple island and mmemory lane, and couldn't find the "hollywood" decal for the chainguard of this bike I just got... Any ideas?
  2. BrigmasterA

shifters and derailers... HELP

Will I have any problems using a derailer from a six speed cruiser on my rrbbo4 bike with a 5 speed rear wheel and a 5 speed indexed shifter? I've never screwed around with derailers...
  3. BrigmasterA

rake and trail formulas anybody?

for asome reason I though there was a sticky here, but can't find it... I am looking for the basics on rake and trail. Is Chopperoli still around?
  4. BrigmasterA

Muscle 'thorne

So I'm gonna build up my recently acquired 24 inch Hawthorne. I think it's late fourties/early fifties vintage. I'm gonna run these 24 inch mountain bike wheels on it, I have a cool Simplex stick shifter, and it's gonna have apes. Not sure about fenders yet... Also still trying to decide whether...
  5. BrigmasterA

24 inch hawthorne project

So here's the bike I got off eBay for ten bucks. I'm thinkin' banana seat, apes, I got a 5 speed stick shift, a 24 inch mountainbike 5 speed wheelset... then I'll have a "big kid musclebike". What say y'all? Front and rear rims already don't match, so I'm not losing anything there. Anyone need...
  6. BrigmasterA

New ebay buy!

So I went and looked at this bike before I bid on it... It was here in my town. I figured "It's worth ten bucks..." so I bid on it... And won.
  7. BrigmasterA

Felt 1903

So... I don't have it in my hands yet, but my younger brother just bought a Felt model 1903 off of CL in Boise for $100! It is missing one of the straight bars for the front springer, but I figure I can build or find something for that... I can't wait to get it next month! I've been wanting one...
  8. BrigmasterA

Best Forum Ever. Period.

So I don't belong to too many forums. Mainly this one and Freakbike.net. I was looking around at a forum, a watercooled vw one, that I won't name, cuz I have too much class for that... And it made me sick at how many cocky arrogant jerks there were there. You'd have new guys on there asking a...
  9. BrigmasterA

Economy hitting RRB?

So back this last summer and fall, one of my favorite things to do on this site was to log on and immediately go to Fresh Finds so I could admire/be jealous about all the sweet rides that my fellow ratters had picked up, and post picks of my own there once or twice a month. But lately it seems...
  10. BrigmasterA

roof-top bikeracks?

So my brother's wife wants a cruiser, and that means my brother does too, so they can ride together. He's REALLY into roadbikes, has a Felt that he paid more than I've ever paid for a car for, and has a thule roofrack type rack with the trough for the back tyre, and the brace/skewer set-up for...
  11. BrigmasterA

Nirve bikes... At Target.com!??

Some reason(not really sure why, exactly...) I was on the Target website and was looking at bikes for fun... As I scrolled through the 26 inch section, I found a large number of Nirve bikes! I was shocked? They said they didn't have them in stores, but were available on the web. Kinda cool. What...
  12. BrigmasterA

Bike tax in Oregon Is dead! Oh Yeah!

Looks like I moved back to Oregon just in time... Not! The state legislaters are proposing a bicycle registration fee that would require every bicycle ridden on the street tobe registered just like(and for the same amount of money as) a car. The means I would have to register 15 bicycles, unless...
  13. BrigmasterA

Anything going on in Oregon?

Just moved back to Oregon from washington in time to miss the big Kent swapmeet. :-( But I'm hoping there is somethign here in Oregon, either Eugene or maybe Portland... Anyone know of anything?
  14. BrigmasterA

Schwinn for my wife. Starlet maybe?

I picked up this 24 inch girl's schwinn from MonsterMetal a while ago and built it to replace a 24 inch banana seat ape hanger cruiser for my wife, as the firestone 500 II I had built her before was stolen... Got the bars from Fast Eddie, and the grips from Stretch. I got the new S-7 tires from...
  15. BrigmasterA

Stretchliner-Done. Not "finished", but done.

So my bike probably doesn't belong in the "finished" section, because there is no finish. But it is done. For now. Mods: Cut a Western Flyer Spaceliner-type frame, Used tubes from a murry girl's bike to extend lower stays. USed an old ballooner fork to make seatpost tube/seatpost, flipped...
  16. BrigmasterA

Rat Rod HotWheels from Germany!

My mom breeds labradoodles(for more infoe go to her site http://www.pinelodgelabradoodles.com) and sells %90 of them to holland which requires her to make frequent trips to Europe. On her last trip, my father and her also went to germany where my father found this. I have owned 2 fastbacks and a...
  17. BrigmasterA

Monster Metal is a righteous dude.

So I enjoy going up Larry the Blacksmith's(AKA MonsterMetal) shop. It's pretty rad. He's always got some project he's working on that is just awesome. And he's a great guy. If you're going to buy something or trade something from him, he won't let you leave without loading you up with more...
  18. BrigmasterA

Got in an accident....

So yesterdy I was driving in Eugene, OR signing the lease on the place I'm moving to next month(It has a garage! I'm stoked!) and then some idiot runs a stopsign and my car gets totalled. Then the driver's husband proceeds to threaten me nd call me names and call me a liar, and then they proceed...
  19. BrigmasterA

turning a forktube into a seatpost

Anyone got any bright ideas on how to make a steer tube on a fork heavy/sturdy enough to use as a seatpost or seatpost tube? This is the situation I'm working with...
  20. BrigmasterA

Any RatRodders in Eugene?

My wife and I are moving to Eugene, OR next month, and I was curious as to whether there were any Eugene ratters on here? It would be cool if there were...
Back