Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Tight crown race removal

Try using the Willie Nelson cd
  2. W

What have you been riding lately?

Happy Independence Day from Chautauqua Lake! Can't remember one in my lifetime that was as meaningful as this year, thank God it's a free land and pray that it stays this way, and be ready to defend the Constitution! Sorry to get so preachy.
  3. W

Harbor Freight 2 bike hitch mount rack

I had seen that review and bought it anyway planning to live with it as is, or add some PVC pipe to hold the mounts in place and I was pleased to see that it was already done by manufacturer on this current offering. Mine also seems much more solid than the one in review with very little...
  4. W

Harbor Freight 2 bike hitch mount rack

Picked up one of these today, $37, and I couldn't be happier, all the issues that people had mentioned in reviews seem to have been addressed.
  5. W

Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

The hub I found on Amazon, $25 for the set
  6. W

Using the specs in the attached, I fabricated and welded the mounting bracket to the Cranbrook fork
  7. W

I originally built this as a motorized bike and that was the tensioner I made for the motor driven chain. When I recently went back to pedal bike configuration I installed the 26 x 3 inch tires, and the only way the rear clears is all the way back in the drop outs so I repurposed the chain...
  8. W

How do I clean out a rusty seat tube?

I've done similar to what you describe, I have also used a wire coat hanger folded around some sort of abrasive material and twisted run in a drill motor, lastly a plumbers wire pipe brush with the handle cut off held by the set screws in a 1/4 inch hex drill extension, all with oil, the coat...
  9. W

Broken Park repair stand

Coworker of mine, who also has a part time LBS, picked up an abused Park repair stand, from a local Target store, and asked me to make a replacement for the locking lever.
  10. W

Daily mini build.

Nonsense
  11. W

Daily mini build.

https://www.amazon.com/24-Right-hand-Thread-Die/dp/B008BDIGM2
  12. W

What have you been riding lately?

Memorial Day at Chautauqua Lake
  13. W

Noob lookin' to build a klunker

You're getting warm! Good luck in your search
  14. W

I've inspected it in its current condition and found no cracks or damage and, after installing a new fork and wheelset, ridden it some with no issues. I was planning to disassemble, scuff and paint. Do you think it necessary to strip frame to bare?
  15. W

I found it on craigslist with an expanded search, I won't admit how far I drove to get it, you'd think I am an idiot! Found this one the following week for $40, and within a few miles of my weekend place.
  16. W

I just purchased this 1937 CWC for $50, I'm a noob also so I don't know if this is commonplace or I was lucky.
  17. W

Little Betty

The week before I bought this one for my granddaughter, I found a new, never assembled, Electra Cruiser 1 for $100 that I bought for myself.
  18. W

Little Betty

Electra "Little Betty"
  19. W

Little Betty

I found this on craigslist and bought it for my granddaughter, not a rat or a custom, but I thought it was a cool kids 20 inch bike
Back