Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Newbie61

‘65 Rollfast - final pic’s

The Rollfast is sweet. Clean it up just enough, (safe & reliable) and put updated mtn.bike components on it, run some smooth skins on it. Just putting a little spin on the traditional look of the classic. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  2. Newbie61

Chopping a Frame

Yes, I'm rolling with the curved tube. The welding service's fee would have been $750 to make the cuts and weld. Good service isn't cheap but I can't justify that cost. You shared a 29" wheel would require about 1.5" of stay removal. Would it be logical to assume it would lower the ... end 1.5"...
  3. Newbie61

Chopping a Frame

The welding will be done by a professional. Thank you for the 411 on the shortening of the stays. At this time I'm not able to locate a 29"/700 with the width I need. I'm not looking to do this on the cheap, but I don't want to put too much $$$ into it either. I could forgo the taking of the...
  4. Newbie61

Chopping a Frame

I have a Genesis cruiser with 32" on it. My thought is to put a 27 or 29 wheel on the back, and cut the seat and chain stays so the rear wheel dosen't look out of place. I wanna leave the 32 up front but take the front to level the bike out. So my question is, where should I cut the seat &...
  5. Newbie61

My First

Where about in Jersey are you? I grew up in Trenton.
  6. Newbie61

My First

The bars came off a Honda Shadow
  7. Newbie61

What is this bike?

I just came in my shorts! .... that is pretty.
  8. Newbie61

Schwinn Cycle Truck

It's a doozie.
  9. Newbie61

Newbie Here

I'm good with that. I have perused the site on my mobile and it seems like it is geared to a desk top application. Thanks.
  10. Newbie61

My First

Here's my first bike for the purposes of this forum. It maybe a Firmstrong IDK but I got it from a neighbor. This is day one, rotted tires, obvious signs of neglect. The next two are after a little elbow grease fresh skins, new neck bearings. I went ahead and swapped seats with my MB since I'm...
  11. Newbie61

Newbie Here

Capt'n, what is the most valuable aspect of this group?
  12. Newbie61

Parts

I see how members have changed different components on their bikes. I didn't think that you could change the sproket and peddle on say a Genesis 32. Being new I have a lot to learn.
  13. Newbie61

Newbie Here

I came upon this site while looking for parts to a Genesis 32". When I read the enthusiasm in the message I had to see what this forum was about.
Back