Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. leotaxil

26x2.35" tire, black (Maxxis, Michelin?)

Exactly as it says – for whatever reason, this particular size is completely sold out at the moment, and the last important part of my build (other than a mechanical front disc caliper...) that I need. Lmk!
  2. leotaxil

Midwest lineage

When I was the leaving the Bed-Stuy dog park, saw this rad couple from Chicago had locked up next to their Wisconsinite grandson. They were both Schwinn Le Tours I believe, Chicago headbadge so must have been early-to-mid '70s; I used to have a Super Le tour from '78, and they were Japanese-made...
  3. leotaxil

Deore LX front hub

Here’s the eBay listing — happy to go through RR instead! https://www.ebay.com/itm/324287535469
  4. leotaxil

Seeking basically all components for a klunky bikepacking build

I've recently acquired a '92 Stumpjumper FS, soon to not be an FS: Fork, headset, stem, all gone (those proto-Rock Shox only provided like 10mm of travel anyways, plus have weird measurements) -- so I'm basically starting from scratch! Maybe you can help? The idea: 3" tires on the front...
  5. leotaxil

Seeking a peculiar Klein/Trek/Gary Fisher Evolution BB spindle

I'm considering buying a bare-to-the-bones '92 Gary Fisher Paragon frameset, but without this 88mm-wide piece of cycling history the thing won't ever leave the confines of eBay. I'm fine with doing the whole press-on bearings thing, and it looks to have used a Shimano crankset so no proprietary...
  6. leotaxil

Wheel or hub, for rear 20x1.75 single-speed/flip-flop

As it says: Looking for a wheel or the beginnings of one, 20" x 1.75" rim (for a 2.35" wide tire), going on an '80s MTB. Ideally with 16-tooth cogs on each side -- clearance in the rear is 125mm, but 130mm hub will work fine. Thank you!
  7. leotaxil

20" single speed wheelset

Building up a mistake-buy to sell, and in need of these. Rear hub is 125mm -- don't need tires, unless you have a pair of relatively clean 20x2.35"ers around. Thanks!
  8. leotaxil

Well, now what

So I bought this online thinking the frame was 20" -- planned on building it into a fat-as-possible cargo bike thing for me and my dog. Well, nope -- the frame is for 20" tires. :mad:. So I'm at a loss. What would y'all do with this?
  9. leotaxil

Wish I'd found this years ago

This is such a great resource -- I've spent the past eight years cycling in New York, with a love of old steel roadsters and getting what I could of it. But I'm from Minneapolis, a city that truly loves a ratrod. I wish I would have had this for all that time. FWIW, right now I'm riding a...
Back