Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. hechtrod

JC Higgins bare metal with scallopped tank

So, I've had this bike for a year. I bought it for $80. Last year I flipped the forks and then rode it. Then I picked up an ape hangar bike that the ad was called a Schwinn. Not sure. Anyway, I used some spray can paint stripper and went to town. Then, I grabbed some sandpaper in the...
  2. hechtrod

Hechtrod's Resto Higgins-"Salt Liner"

I knew it was a JC Higgins. Today I finally took to sanding the tank. I was on it about an hour, ready to go in for dinner and started sanding the logo area. I was surprised to see that JC Higgins began to appear from underneath all that red, white, green, red paint. I have confirmed finally...
  3. hechtrod

In-N-Out Cruiser Rod

OK, here's my build thread. Here's some pics of it so far. The bike is pretty close. I just bought it last week, actually traded my '87 Road Bike for it. It's got working lights, sweet monkey bars, a lame-o purple banana seat cover, white walls. It's got a pretty good paint job. My goal is...
  4. hechtrod

New pics added! Hechtrod's In-N-Out Burger cruiser rod

So, I'm planning on trading a local guy this bike above for my old road bike. It looks to be in great shape and mostly done, but of course I'll have to do some things to make it my own. The white light tank looks like it will fit my "In-N-Out" decals perfectly. I'll likely do something...
  5. hechtrod

Help, what to do with '87 Fuji Sagres SP road bike

Ok peeps, I've got this '87 Fuji Sagres SP in very nice shape. Could use some fresh tires but besides that, its very clean. I bought a year ago to exercise on. It is a nice rider, but boring, now that I've gotten into modding bikes with my 60 cruiser. I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas...
  6. hechtrod

"Salt Flyer" best RRBBO #3 from Utah LOL

Ok, so its probably the only RRBBO #3 bike from Utah, so I win the state by default. LOL http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a There's the link to the build thread if anyone cares to check out the specs on the rotary girder (Tommyboy) Anyway, here's a quickie about the bike...
  7. hechtrod

Salt Flyer visits Speed Week and Salt Flats

So, I took the "Salt Flyer" (or maybe "Salt Liner" fits better?) bike out to the Salt Flats today to spectate the Speed Week Land Speed Racing. If you're a car nut, racing nut, you need to make the trip at least once. If nothing else, for the spectacular street cars (roadsters mostly) that...
  8. hechtrod

Hechtrod's Salt Flyer ('59ish JC Higgins)

So, I have a more detailed thread about my bike and its progress here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9255 This is just to show off the few pics that show its progress without going through all my fluffy descriptions and details. This post is also to get your ideas on what would look good. SInce I'm very...
  9. hechtrod

The "Salt Flyer" pics

So, just joined this forum a few days ago. This site is cool. I'm a huge car nut, all types, but I have a special spot for old rat rods, old hot rods, anything old that is customized. I can't afford my own '32 roadster or '64 Falcon, so I picked up this '59-'61 JC Higgins (that's what I think...
  10. hechtrod

The "No Show" VW and Vintage Bike gathering

This is the third annual "No Show" in Layton, Utah on August 16, this saturday from 9am - 1pm, its a free gathering to show off your cool air-cooled volkswagens and/or vintage bikes. There's even a "Hot Wheels" Race for the "kids". :) http://veedubclubutah.tk/ There's the link to the forums...
  11. hechtrod

hechtrod's intro-UTAH

Name is Chris "hechtrod" Hecht from Utah. Just purchased my first "real" bike. I don't know what it is. The previous owner said its an "AMC". I haven't been able to find anything under that brand name. I found this site through bikeforums.com. Anyway, hopefully I can figure out how to post...
Back