Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dominicus

Funky Fade ‘68 Runabout

Score! Years on the hunt for a Runabout to redo and finally a local one showed up. Still had the original tubes in there. Brown like a coffee spill. Paint was beat and was poorly applied at the factory. Maybe they would have sold more if they didn’t pick terrible paint. Not that I did much...
  2. Dominicus

Trike for Two

No promises … it is a 16” Stingray Yes vice grips are barely holding it together in the photo. Those are S7’s but I’d rather run the 3” slicks. Bricks would have less drag though. The frame is heavy…I think it is made of metal, Bondo, 18 layers of metal flake and neutron star. Problem is I...
  3. Dominicus

Mini Apple Krate-A-Bout

Now it’s called Pee-Wheelie! 1970 midget that I have yet to repaint. Stupid fun wheelie machine that fits in a duffel bag...or is that pronounced douchel? I ride it more than any other bike since I always have it in the car. People stop and chat you up with this one. I just added the 12” front...
  4. Dominicus

Pee-Wheee!

You all know what to do! Scream real loud! Arrrrrrrrrr! Hey boys and girls what’s this? A tiny bike! Ha ha! Haaaaa ha ha! It’s a kids bike with an identity complex! This repainted ‘70 Stingray Midget arrived yesterday got a once over and has logged several more miles by an adult on what are...
  5. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Started with a Cranbrook. Build inspiration is a VW Bus. Bike will have a front rack with dual headlights. Rear will have folding racks with VW hubcaps and a 3 speed nexus hub. I had to do some repainting but now the Color(s) is done, clear next. my original rear rack choice doesn’t fit...any...
  6. Dominicus

Stingray MTB

Picked up a BF Stingray Krate that was converted to a 5 speed Shimano. The low gearing and tight turning allows for a surprisingly nimble off road bike. I added BMX bars and tried out saddles, talk about serendipity, this is the only frame this odd seat will fit. Naturally the tank followed. We...
  7. Dominicus

Fastbaxi

1974 Schwinn Fastback Free frame was wiped with butcher block oil, removed rust from the lucky 7. Tiny pedals and crank, leftover parts...added pegs that look mufflerish and a Duro City Cavalier which looked so good with the chrome rim that it nixed my original plan of black rims and white...
  8. Dominicus

Apple Cider Special

1974 Stingray ““Apple Krate”” wheelie bike. Trimmed and sectioned ape hangars. Wheelie bars built from two springers. Kandy Apple Red rattle can paint job. Truss rods on 26” road bike forks. 1966 Bendix 3 speed hub & sport shift. Vintage Mesinger seat. Motorcycle taillights, 5 LED headlight...
  9. Dominicus

Sundown

Sundown, a 1969 Stingray Fairlady. Four part translucent rattle can fade blending from factory finish to new blue, to purple to black over a silver base. Rebuilt hubs and duro diamond whitewalls. Started with this heap...
  10. Dominicus

FASTBAXI

Got this ‘74 Fastback frame pretty much free with the purchase of a Stingray. Going for as cheap a build as possible. Quickly becoming a favorite. Was going the BMX route but it keeps working out muscle bike style. Not sure if the tank stays or not. I do think the rear tire needs to be beefier...
  11. Dominicus

Drift trike diversion...

Stupid fun! Purple/blue fade over silver. May or may not get clear...depends on how impatient we get.
  12. Dominicus

Maybe Something!

Making no promises. Found these locally. Looked on a lark and bumped into a two for one deal. Ray clearly saw action, was once blue, another odd mesinger seat, has no serial that I can find, has a busted rear fender mount so going BMX instead of muscle. Fastback frame is a Sept ‘74...one of my...
  13. Dominicus

Modified springers & chopper forks

The springer may be a timeless piece of engineering in stock form but I love the look of a springer with no spring, flipped springers, super tall forks & lowrider forks. What other springer mods are hiding out there?
  14. Dominicus

Price check on aisle Nishiki...

90 something Colorado...welllllll taken care of.
  15. Dominicus

Apple Cider Special

A nod to the 1937 Orange Blossom Special pull truck of 80’s yore. Formerly the ”Krate-a-Bout” I’m going to restomod my recently thrown together Opaque red ‘74 stingray into a wheel standing hot rod. Plans start with a full kandy apple respray, matching painted rear fender, a painted wheelie bar...
  16. Dominicus

Krylon Glitter Blast or Dupli-color Metal Specks?

I usually shoot with Dupli-color rattle cans and this time I want some larger kandy flake than usual. I saw Krylon Glitter Blast which looks like it adds too much texture and will require waaay more clear to compensate. Any one try it out in the real world? A compressor & spray equipment ain’t...
  17. Dominicus

So much for stripping and painting bikes outside this weekend...

110 Fahrenheit today and ash is falling from the Valley Fire 40 miles East of here...5,300 acres so far. It was up to 1,500 just 2 hours after it started yesterday. Had full intentions of knocking out this Cranbrook with satin black yesterday, today and tomorrow then adding a silver banana seat...
  18. Dominicus

Coaster Trike Hub

Looking for a geared coaster trike conversion hub that will work with this guy. It was pulled from a stingray lowrider. I know, upside down...
  19. Dominicus

Apple Krate-A-Bout project

The idea was an Apple Krate with a tall back that would allow me to remove the entire banana seat easily so I could throw it in the back of a car. It all started when I picked up a ‘74 stingray in opaque red with a tall seat, Rear fender, a 3 speed bendix hub not hooked up in any way to a...
  20. Dominicus

As if I needed another hobby...

Greetings similarly afflicted! Been aware of this site and lurking for years. Great inspiring stuff in the build off! I was going to join the build off but I was a day late and a bendix 3 speed indicator chain short. Actually my plan and parts list kept evolving and in late August I decided to...
Back