Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Swampthing

Nice photoessay on our favorite machine

https://stevemccurry.blog/2022/09/22/the-noblest-invention/
  2. Swampthing

Shiny Sierra 82-17

RRBO16 was my first and I did a complete rust job. This year I’m looking for the opposite. I took an unknown salvaged frame and with parts that I scavenged or got from other RR peeps I built a functional bike. It is fun to ride and play with but the toe strike is annoying and it’s a bit twitchy...
  3. Swampthing

Kingman Az, Route 66 in general

Hey, Anyone been to Kingman AZ? I stopped in during my cross country Road trip (still on it) with my daughter. Kingman is a crazy little city basically in the middle of the desert. parts of the town look stuck in the 50s and some in the 80s. I was only there for a short time and saw a couple rat...
  4. Swampthing

Fixed pain

Well, I had to take off on a little road trip before I really had it where I wanted it. I did have time to take it out a few times before I hit the road. It is a blast to ride and will only improve over time. unlike myself.
  5. Swampthing

Cool Santa Monica Bike Stuff

So, I’ll be here for a bit. have to do some work on my daughters apartment and car, and put new tires on it, and maybe do some work on her 81 Schwinn World commuter before heading back to my swamp. she goes back to work Monday so I’ll have some time, except when her car is getting it’s been...
  6. Swampthing

Lotus aka Swamp Flower

I started this around the time I started Fixed Pain for the build off. That’s a bike to pretend I’m 12 on, this one will be for my nighttime joy rides and an occasional commuter/ errand bike.
  7. Swampthing

Fixed pain

Found this a MTB while back, most everything was rusted and the tires and wheels were shot. the decals all died from the mold and sun, but there is one little one left. It’s a Pacific Cycles something or other (Schwinn or Mongoose I guess. I am pretty sure I’m about to score a set of used...
Back