Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

VBikes?

These are for sale near me. Anybody know anything about them?
  2. T

A Forever bicycle

Another one I won't be rat-rodding. Picked it up today. Rod brakes, fully enclosed chain, 28" wheels/tires. My first Forever and only my second rod brakes bike. The other is a Raleigh with 28" wheels/tires.
  3. T

Fresh off the barn wall.

The seller said he rode this little Schwinn at age 5 in 1953. It was his brother's before him. He also had this old unknown skip tooth frame. And this unbadged frame. And three wheels/rims. The two end ones are a pair, maybe off of one of the frames shown above?
  4. T

Ratty tandem

I just picked up this 1985 Columbia Twosome tandem. The tires hold air but the cables are seized and the chains are stiff. Once those two issues are fixed it will be rideable. I plan to restore it. If my wife won't ride it with me my son & daughter-in-law will ride it. I also have an older...
  5. T

Another trike restoration for me

Here's another trike I had stashed. I think I'll restore it next.
  6. T

Unknown (to me) trike

Here's a probably not very vintage, trike I picked up a few years ago. It came with two new tires & tubes installed, and a third matching tire & tube but was missing one rear rim & spokes. Fortunately the axle & hub were there. I just robbed a 24" rim from a junk 10 speed and laced it on...
  7. T

Wanna build this

I've found this on the 'net. I think I'll drag out a couple of junkers and build it. I'll post pics as it happens.
  8. T

Repairing holes in a rim

My "new" Raleigh with rod brakes has some small holes, the largest about 1/8" in the front rim. I hope to find a replacement rim but I'd like to do a temporary repair. I'm undecided about the best way. JB Weld? Solder?
  9. T

My first rod brake bike

I bought my first rod brake bike today, this Raleigh. I will need a replacement of or one of the 28" rims. I'm pretty happy with it.
  10. T

English 3 speed with rod brakes

I want an English 3 speed bike with rod brakes. Restoration project.
  11. T

Bianchi

I would like to know the value of this Bianchi.
  12. T

Western Flyer

I found this Western Flyer three speed ladies bike at a local antique store, cheap. I forgot to look for the date on the rear hub. I wonder if the banana seat would be original to the bike. If it's original I might go back and get it.
  13. T

two more English three speeds

My wife and I braved the 90+ temps today and went to the local flea market. I scored a red Triumph and a black Rudge, both three speeds. I paid $100 for the pair. I believe both will clean up nicely and make good riders. I am going to limit my purchases to three speed bikes from now on (yeah...
  14. T

electric motor find

I just found this. Anybody recognize it ad know the brand/manufacturer?
  15. T

Montag Blue horse bicycle

I bought this Montag Blue Horse bike today. It has the wrong fenders and is missing the chain guard. The forks might be slightly bent too but it is fixable. Who else on here has one?
  16. T

Trailmate Joyrider 'cause I didn't have one

I had never heard of a Trailmate Joyrider until the other day when one popped up on the local Craigslist. It was cheap and I didn't have one - so now I do. I aired up the tires and rode it today. It rides well except I can tell the rusty chains, (there are two), create some extra resistance. I...
  17. T

rode a few out of my stash today

I have not been able to ride well for the last two years due to a car wreck with severe hip injuries but can now ride again for short rides, and am working up to longer times and distances. Today, I got a few of my bikes out of the garage and rode each a little. The bikes are a Realm, the only...
  18. T

found my next rat rod project today for $20

I went to the local flea market this morning and saw a guy just about to leave with an old bike on his truck so I stopped him and bought the bike for $20. It was this old Murray. It will be my next rat-rod. I have a ratty looking light stashed away that will go on the front fender. I love the...
  19. T

RowBike

Anybody familiar with Rowbikes? I am about to buy this one.
  20. T

my first 32

I just bought my first bike with 32" wheels/tires. It's a Genesis. I bought it cheap. It rides well, but I think I'll change out the rear sprocket for one with 3 or 4 more teeth so it will pedal a little easier. I did that on my Genesis Onyx I bought a couple of years ago and it made it a whole...
Back