Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Wildcat

Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

One more trike:
  2. Wildcat

I was thinking up more ideas and don't recall if we can build with more than 2 wheels. Trikes ok?
  3. Wildcat

Kmart All Pro Pro 3.

Early 70's AMF. Araya rims are the best part, the originals probably didn't make it past the mid 70's.
  4. Wildcat

My first bike was a 24" Evans, with a big rear rack like that. I would pedal while 2 more could fit on the rack. The rear axle snapped in 1966 and that was it.
  5. Wildcat

What have you been riding lately?

While getting a bike (Second Helping) ready to go, I swiped the wheels from an earlier build (Splat Rat). So I went through my pile of parts and upgraded to a SRAM 2 speed and a 36 tooth chainwheel. I went for a ride, it's got a good gear ratio for offroad, 36/19 and second gear is just a...
  6. Wildcat

Beyond Mechanical Limits

I received word that the bike needs a lot, no brakes and worn out. It has been over a year and a half since it became a family work bike. I'll post a pic when it gets here. The boy has been using it to sell ice cream after school everyday, trying to save up for college. His dad also rides it...
  7. Wildcat

Monark, and it looks pretty good. Maybe it is one of these:
  8. Wildcat

If you don't enter, you'll never know.
  9. Wildcat

What have you been riding lately?

I like the ones with a large forward cargo area. I could sit in there, enjoy all the consumables it would carry, then take a nap in it. At the beach with an umbrella. :113:
  10. Wildcat

Can anybody help me with this please????!!!

That's a good idea. A shop may have all the tools and equipment needed to straighten it. I would have 2 x 4's, baling wire and a dozen clamps set up to try to fix it. With a big hammer. Take the rear wheel with it so they can check the alignment. I'm looking forward to seeing it built up.
  11. Wildcat

Can anybody help me with this please????!!!

It's definitely bent somewhere, but I can't tell without getting a better look at it. It may be the lower section that's bent. One dropout seems higher than the other. This might work: On the floor or flat surface, draw a straight line about 4 feet long with a line perpendicular at one end...
  12. Wildcat

Chain offset after spreading stays

If you're needing to widen the frame dropouts, then your frame must have come new as a single or 3 speed, not a 5 or ten speed. If you have a hub like a nexus 3 speed it can be a lot wider. The cog to chain wheel alignment can be checked once you have the wheel set in the frame. You will need to...
  13. Wildcat

I tried to make one from leftover frames in 2007, but it was impossible to steer with the weight of the cranks forward of the front wheel along with sitting low. The ones in the pics you posted must have been difficult to ride, except there is less flop with the cranks behind the wheel. The pics...
  14. Wildcat

I've been conceptualizing (daydreaming) about a front wheel drive short wheelbase bike. 20" or 26" has yet to be decided. Then some kind of frame, a lot needs to be worked out. I'd also like to encase it in sheet metal with a lot of rivets like a WW2 fighter plane.
  15. Wildcat

Dynamo hub adjustment

It had plenty of lube, so I put the bearings back in and adjusted the cones. You are right, it's the normal operation of the hub and it's good.
  16. Wildcat

Early 60s Raleigh Sports

The saddle is most probably toast. The remaining leather is probably bad enough that it wouldn't hold the hundred stitches need for that tear. To have it redone would probably cost the same as a new Brooks B72. I have one from a 1960 Raleigh that I glued where it had a rip, but I wouldn't trust...
  17. Wildcat

Brakes?

Nice looking bike. Dyno? I'm guessing you want to be able to pedal backwards as you ride. A niece of mine had me change her Dahon Boardwalk to freewheel for that reason. We added front and rear caliper brakes to that bike. The coaster hub won't operate with the brake disabled. For a brake up...
  18. Wildcat

Noo

Welcome aboard! Is the black bike in the first pic the 63 Typhoon? The single speed redband hub it has is my favorite one speed hub.
  19. Wildcat

SWB0 E=mc2 (relatively finished)

Looks even better than before. Folders are 20", so a long handlebar and seat stem would make it a commuter. A lot better than this old BSA.
Back