Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Huffy Dragster XL build 2.0!

I built myself a 26” Huffy Dragster a few years ago to have a comfortable ride with my, um - let’s just say my full figured adult body! 😂 It has continued to be one of my favorite builds, except I rarely get to ride it. My son rides it most of the time, even though I built him his own 26” muscle...
  2. R

Weekend haul

I was told about a local guy recently that had “a bunch” of old bikes that could probably be bought. I finally got by there today and looked at his stuff. Unfortunately all of the stuff had been in the weather forever, but there’s some good bits there, and I got them all in the cheap cheap. The...
  3. R

Little GTO - ‘69 Hiawatha Warrior GTO

I’ve taken this as far as I can in the timeframe. My goal was to take a crusty, but cool little bike and make it a rider. I didn’t get as much done as I hoped, but I’m pretty happy with it. Build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/little-gto.115287/
  4. R

Murray Ram Rod and Schwinn Stingray parts

I scored a nice little 20” Ram Rod convertible and 4 pretty nice Schwinn S-7 wheels and a NOS Schwinn 20 x 1 3/4 whitewall slick this weekend. The white part of the tire is discolored, but it’s never been on the ground.
  5. R

Little GTO!

I’m late to the party, but I have a few weeks, so I’m going to try do a refresh on my Hiawatha Warrior GTO. I’m thinking a new wheelset, tires, and some cleanup. I’ve decided to leave the paint intact on this bike - just want to make a cool ratty rider.
  6. R

Picked up a ‘68? Sears Spyder and ‘74 Sunset Orange Schwinn Fastback this week!

I snagged one of my favorite muscle bikes ever this week. I’ve been wanting this 24” 5 speed Sears Spyder for a while, and the owner decided to sell it to me. I also picked a pretty nice 5 speed ‘74 Fastback in sunset orange, which I understand is a fairly rare color. Neither bike is perfect...
  7. R

What exactly do I have here?

I’m usually pretty good ID’ing these things, but this one is a little different. My brother bought some property and we found this in the woods. The chainring kinda looks Columbia, but the frame kinda looks Murray-ish. It is a skiptooth bike with rear facing prewar style dropouts, but no...
  8. R

Rollfastback!

I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped, but I got it out together, it’s rideable, and it looks pretty cool. This was a 70’s Columbia-built Rollfast Paperboy Special. The frame resembles the Schwinn Fastback, hence the name.
  9. R

Rollfastback!

I’m trying to decide what direction I want to go on this, but I’m definitely in! Trying to choose between entering 26” builds using these frames: Or using one of these for a 20” build: (And yes, those 2 clapped out twin Eliminators are 2 different bikes)
  10. R

JC Penney Foremost Swinger

This is the only bike I have that I did not build myself, although I did add the redlines to it. I bought it like this, and it’s kind of a cross between a muscle bike and a low rider. I guess the Swinger name matches! My initial plan was to change out all the low rider stuff to period correct...
  11. R

AMF 26” 3 speed Muscle Bike Build

First and foremost, I fully blame CRASH for all these muscle bike builds! :) I’ve been collecting parts for this bike for a little bit, and since I’m hoping to be finished with my daughter’s bike this weekend (and possibly the Ted Williams bike too, if my chainguard comes back from my...
  12. R

1966 24” Otasco Flying-O muscle bike build

So, I’ve changed course and decided against building my daughter a purple muscle bike using my 20” Sears Ted Williams bicentennial bike. Ted is going to get a refresh and keep the patriotic red, white, blue scheme. I waffled back and forth initially on this bike and that one, but I think she’ll...
  13. R

Western Flyer Buzz Bike Eliminator

I picked up this crusty Eliminator today. It’s rough, but the frame seems solid and I believe the chainguard will clean up pretty nice.
  14. R

First score from the Covidpocolypse Bike boom!

So I ran into a guy I know today and he asks me if I still fool with bikes. I, of course, replied to him “Do billy goats have horns??” He asked “Y’on’t a nuther’n??!” I asked what it was and he said it was a practically brand new Schwinn Sanctuary 7. I wasn’t familiar so he told me it was a 7...
  15. R

When you’re the bike guy in town..,

You come home to presents occasionally! I have no idea who brought it by.
  16. R

Foremost, Hiawatha GTO, Vista, Rixe score!

I picked up 4 more bikes today. I got a Murray-built Foremost Swinger that is a super clean bike that somebody added custom rims, bars, and lowrider fork on, a Huffy built Hiawatha GTO Warrior, a Columbia built Vista Workhorse, and men’s 3 speed Rixe that matches the ladies Rixe I picked a few...
  17. R

Jerald whitewall 26” slick

I’d like to buy a Jerald whitewall slick, if anybody has one for sale.
  18. R

Ted Williams muscle bike build

I’m almost finished with my son’s Stranger Things Mike’s bike build, so now I have to build my daughter one. She wants a “Mike’s bike, except purple” I’m starting with a crusty Murray built Ted Williams, which is pretty much the same as a Sears Spyder Of the same era. I’m not planning on an...
  19. R

Bulk chain numbers?

I need to put chains on several bikes and I’d like a box a of chain. What series chain (or what number) do single speed cruiser type bikes use? I don’t need need skiptooth, just regular 50’s - current single speed chain.
  20. R

‘72 Rollfast beater - watching paint dry build!

So I painted the frame for my son’s 26” Stranger Things build, and since it’s so humid, I’m going to wait several more hours before fooling with it. In the meantime, I was fooling around with a super secret squirrel build I haven’t made a thread about yet, and in doing mockups, I had a couple...
Back