Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. udallcustombikes

1980-Something Emory Work Bike

As an overhead crane operator in an aircraft factory my job puts me on a bike every night. About 8 years ago I built this beauty from parts I pulled from scrap bins at work. Worksman wheels with brick red rubber and geared to cruise the level cement floors of the factory. When I began the build...
  2. udallcustombikes

20" BXC Racing circa '82

My brother-in-law asked me to get a bike fixed up for him and dropped this off. It is a custom built frame for the Bicycle X-Change racing team. Since the shop is still open and going strong I am going to swing by and talk to "The Bikeman" to get some more in depth information about it.
  3. udallcustombikes

Back in a big way

After an extended haitus due to other projects, bicycle burn-out and being priced out of the market by "American Pickers Syndrome" I am back. I have wanted a fat bike since I first saw a Surly Moonlander in one of my local bike shops several years ago. Since those are a bit out of my price...
  4. udallcustombikes

Pepper Roller

After stressing out over last year's rrbbo I didn't think I would want to subject myself to it again, but here I am. I have sold most of my bikes and parts off to finance my truck. The truck is gone and I have to start scrounging up some parts. Here is what I am starting with though- A brand...
  5. udallcustombikes

A little love for the Tall Bikes!

6. udallcustombikes

Wichita RRBBO8 Pub Pedal

Open invitation to anyone who would like to join us as we get our Build Off 8 bikes together for some pics and a couple brews. Figured we could join our Coasters BC brethern on August 8th for the usual pub pedal. Meet up at the Shamrock Lounge at 7pm. See ya there!
  7. udallcustombikes

"Rare Bird" 1937 BSA Tandem

I let the build thread go quiet while I finished tying up a few loose ends. But here she is in all her glory. Before And Now! Detail Pictures Original 1937 BSA branded Sturmey drum brake hub. Sachs Duomatic two speed kickback hub with a copper plated sprocket...
  8. udallcustombikes

Easier than expected!

Since I haven't had any interest in my lot of New Departure hub parts I decided to build a working hubs from the parts. The only thing missing was a good driver and sprocket, but this crusty, seized hub had them. Anticipating a battle I grabbed my wrenches to try and break it apart. Imagine...
  9. udallcustombikes

Garage sale time killer- '50 Murray Rat

We are having a garage sale this weekend so to kill some time while we were slow I threw a bunch of parts together. I was planning on selling it when I got done, but the bike won over my wife and both of my daughters. Guess it stays. RRB Represented Hannah on her test ride The wifey...
  10. udallcustombikes

New New Departure Cut Away

I struck a deal for my cut away hub collection with another member. As I was packing them up I decided the Model D was not worthy of the deal since it was mae with a less than stellar hub. I took the time to make a new one from a minty chrome skip tooth Model D.
  11. udallcustombikes

Commuting Woes

So I began commuting to work this week (when the weather let me). One day I rode my '76 Schwinn Varsity with no problems. Last night I rode my '34 Colson. The ride in went smoothly, but the ride home was another story. As I was torquing hard up a hill I had the old skip tooth chain snap a link...
  12. udallcustombikes

My newly acquired artwork

My wife teaches 8th grade at our local middle school. The building used to be the high school before the new high school was built. From 1962-70 the art students made tile mosaics that have hung in the hallways since they were created. With the passage of a bond issue last year the school is...
  13. udallcustombikes

Most laughable CL response ever

I have my '37 Colson listed locally on craigslist and got this email tonight. I don't know if they are trying to make me laugh or scam me some how but I just had to share.
  14. udallcustombikes

Rare Bird- '37 BSA Tandem- Done!

Rare Bird- '37 BSA Tandem- Please take yourto jump in or not, but here goes. I have nothing new to build so I decided to give my tandem a facelift. It is one of two known examples of this bike on this side of the pond. Rarity means little to me so it is fair game. I haven't built a Klunker yet...
  15. udallcustombikes

'76 Varsity Commuter-Ready to ride

After seeing all the commuters here, watching aka_locojoe's rides, and talking to my little brother who has been riding back and forth to work in ATX I decided I needed to follow suit. I didn't have anything worth building so I have been waiting. Last week I was able to make a big purchase from...
  16. udallcustombikes

Bike Shop Bought Out-Pic HEAVY!

Since the owner of the bike shop in my town forgot to pay his taxes to the state the tax man came and shut him down a few months ago. The shop catered to BMX and skateboards, but he usually had some cool stuff in there. Last week I contacted the number for the leasing agent about buying the big...
  17. udallcustombikes

Crank repair?

I am restoring an '86 Diamond Back Viper that I picked up off CL because it is identical to the first bike I bought with my own money. Someone landed hard and bent the crank. My question is can I put it in a press and straighten it back out? I don't plan on hitting the skate park, but I may find...
  18. udallcustombikes

'86 DiamondBack Viper

Ever since I got back into bikes I have been looking to find one of my first bikes. Today I brought it home. Some scratches and scrapes, but the paint and decals are good for now. Lots of Dia-Compe Components Still has the original seat The only bad problem is the crank. In the...
  19. udallcustombikes

'87 DiamondBack Viper

Ever since I got back into bikes I have been looking to find one of my first bikes. Today I brought it home. Some scratches and scrapes, but the paint and decals are good for now. Lots of Dia-Compe Components Still has the original seat The only bad problem is the crank. In the...
  20. udallcustombikes

Found my Holy Grail- MidSchool BMX

There is one bike I have been hunting since I began playing with bikes as an adult, '86-88 Diamond Back Viper in Lime Green. It was the first bike I bought with my own money as a kid. I got it second hand from a friend. After I started driving I gave it to my little brother who tore it up...
Back