Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

^^^^^^^^^^^ Good points there.
  2. G

New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

The Dolomite is now on the website. $225.00 for a whole lot of fun.
  3. G

Getting My Beast Wet - Video

Frozen is not all that bad. Check out my Beast on a frozen Iowa river at www.gravelo.blogspot.com.
  4. G

Snow Biking With The Mongoose Beast

You didnt get much of a ride that day! Check out some Beast donuts at my blog www.gravelo.blogspot.com Thanks for the Beast propaganda!!!!
  5. G

I'm Doing Another Beast

Would you consider:A. Selling the linkage fork you made and building yourself a newer better one? Or B. Making one to sell to someone?
  6. G

Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Here is a thought I had while riding yesterday. If a person had two rear wheels would it be possible to gear them differently (one for flats, one for hills) and get the front fork to stretch wide enough to run a rear wheel inside the dropouts? That way you would have a choice of gearing. Might...
  7. G

I plan to ride my beast on ice and snow next winter. I am also painting my frame soon and wondered about the small holes in the various tubes. Is there any reason why a person would not plug these prior to painting? I want to just put some hot glue in the openings, or something, to keep snow out...
  8. G

FINISHED MY MONGOOSE BEAST TODAY - NEW DECALS

Don't make me dispatch Slugworth to whisper bad things in your ears! So what about it double Nickle. Is this a setup or fake?
  9. G

I posed the question on the WalMart site. I will advise as to their response. I see a Miller Beer/ fatbike mash-up.
  10. G

For real though, how do I get a color not even shown as an option? Call in an order and ask?
  11. G

What is that gold colored Beast? Someone please explain.
  12. G

Fat Cruiser (aluminum, disc ready, $890)

Keep perspective here, of all the people who bashed on the Goose because they hadn't seen one dressed up yet. That bike is being pushed as a fat sand bike. Not a pothole smasher. It has potential, just at a higher starting point. Let's see some photoshopped ideation instead of absolutes. :?
  13. G

Taming The Beast - New Beast VS...

Re: Taming The Beast - 6th Video In Beast Series Any idea what psi you had in the meats when crossing the ties? A guess... Lot/little...
  14. G

Beast Hub Driver Failure

Forgive me if this is a silly question but is this an issue with forward power, or with skidding? Seems strange to me that a person would generate enough power on the pedals to break the axle.
  15. G

Bill, search the How To forum for "Setting the seat back" and look for Outskirtscustoms bike. All it takes is cutting the curve off of a mountain bike bar end, bolting the bar end to the seatpost, and then bolting the seat clamp to the bar end. It gets you back and a little bit down. Again, I...
  16. G

For taller riders, don't forget the old "bar end bolted to the seat post' trick for getting a ton of set back for the seat.(This is ratrodbikes after all) I doubt the post diameter is small enough, but what about the smaller diameter of the very top?
  17. G

Walmart FatBikes?

Of all the pics I have seen of this bike, the one of a whole herd of Beasts inside of a WalMart is very interesting. The red bike with the owner's manual under the front tire appears to have an off-center tread. It looks like it is shifted about 4 or 5 degrees off center. Probably a strange ride.
  18. G

Adding front brakes

Could a person; 1.Use a donor fork from a mountain bike and cut a half round section off each side, with the brake bosses on this section. 2.Fit some old style cantis onto the bosses (Mafac cantis, Tektro, etc. think wide connection pts. for straddle wire) 3.Use this setup to line the pads up to...
  19. G

Walmart FatBikes?

That was me, under my other identity. There is a pic of a very nice Beast on my blog page http://www.gravelo.blogspot.com that I ripped from an MTBR thread called Pet My Beast. Nothing offensive on that thread, unless you find sweet, tuned bikes to be a problem! (Not very Ratty)
  20. G

If you would like to see a fine example of what this bike can become, look on mtbr thread "Pet My Beast" and check out what this person did. NICE!!! Looks like the bar is set high for a fat bike/racer look. He cut the brace out of the seat stays, presume it is to shorten effective length of the...
Back