Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Bairdco Racing Series Begins, June 16th in Riverside, CA!

i'll be racing this little monster: it's a 1937 shelby airflow frame, with added gussets, bmx dropouts, and other crap welded to it for strength, 16" moped wheels (same size as 20" bicycle wheels) with dual drum brakes and pirelli tires. speeds of 40mph+!
  2. B

*Safety Gear and Age Requirements: *All Riders Must Be 16 Years of Age or Older *Helmet: Must be DOT, Snell or equivalent. NO Novelty, Bicycle, Hardhats, Military Helmets, etc, allowed! *Knee and Elbow Pads: Must have Plastic Caps. If you buy a cheap pair MAKE SURE THEY STAY ON. any rider...
  3. B

Entry Fees Racer/Rider entry: $35 *2nd bike, same rider, $10 Pit crew: $5 per person Spectator's are free, but absolutely NO pit access. (track rules, not mine) there are bleachers and other free spectator areas, but the real action is in the pits and on the track. *the reason for the...
  4. B

classes there will be 4 classes at this race; 1: beginners, slow bikes, people who just want to cruise. 2. 2 stroke china class all 2 stroke chinese bikes. other comparable bikes will be let in, on a case by case scenario. 3. midrange class morini's, 4 strokes, and other bikes under 10hp...
  5. B

June 16 at Adams Motorsports Park in Riverside, CA. The Adam's Motorsports Park in Riverside, CA is located at 5292 24th Street, Riverside, CA 92509. 50 miles from Orange County and Los Angeles, 90 miles from San Diego, and only 436 miles from Tucson, AZ! http://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/...
  6. B

SoCal Motorized Bicycle Race at Willow Springs, June 18th

reserved just in case there's even more future updates...
  7. B

reserved for even more future updates...
  8. B

reserved for future updates...
  9. B

Safety Gear Warning so you don't show up and can't race. Absolutely no one will be allowed on the track without the proper gear for the actual races. We will not require knee and elbow pads for the track Cruise Sessions for those who don't want to race but still want the track riding...
  10. B

There will be at least 4 separate classes at the Willow Springs race. We have 9 hours of track time from 8am to 5pm on Saturday June 18th. We do need to be off the track at 5pm sharp as there is a $450 hour charge after 5pm which will not be happening! However hanging out in the pits after...
  11. B

SoCal Race Event Sat June 18th at Willow Springs Raceway-2011 Exciting news for all motorized bicycle enthusiasts. The Go Kart track at Willow Springs Raceway has been exclusively reserved for the first ever Motorized Bicycle Race and Event there. Track Address: 3500 75th Street West...
  12. B

Videos from the april 2011 Death Race!!!

hey harry, sorry i skipped over some of your questions... the pedal sprocket is some cheap chinese GT sprocket, not a modified kit sprocket. it's pretty crappy. after only a few days the peg-hole for the crank stretched out and now it clicks back and forth. the reversed barrel set-up works...
  13. B

for all you california folks (and anyone else who feels like traveling) we're having a race at Willow Springs on the kart track on saturday, June 18th. i'll post some more info later on.
  14. B

i never did a build thread on it 'cause i was keeping it a secret before the race, it's a '37 Shelby Airflow frame with 24" worksman wheels, a Grubee GT4 66cc with the 180'd jug (so the carb's in the front) and it's been ported, matched, lapped, etc... 32 tooth sprocket in the rear. here's a...
  15. B

i'm hitting 45 in the straights.
  16. B

here's a coupla videos from the april 16th, 2011 Death Race at the Musseman P1 track in Tucson, AZ. i started from the middle of the pack (about 35 riders) and i'm battling my way to 5th place overall, 2nd place china motor. the winner was an electric bike, 2nd was a 10hp morini, 3rd was a 6...
  17. B

Motorbike Raffle

i'm that guy...:) here's the build-in-progress on the bike: http://motorbicycling.com/f38/monark-firestone-cruiser-my-next-project-27635.html i'm still trying to get enough people interested to make it worthwhile. i can't afford to give bikes away. the quick details are; 1952 Firestone...
  18. B

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

weird, shows up for me. this site really needs one of those attachment things so i don't have to steal other people's webspace... lemme try to steal them from another site:
  19. B

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

here's a twin bar my buddy just picked up.
  20. B

coaster brake

i don't use the stock kit sprockets, so i dunno if they changed them, but they used to actually be smaller than the dust caps on the coasters, so not only did you have to remove the arm, you had to grind the sprocket a bit so it'd clear, or cut down your dust cap. it'd be cool if they finally...
Back