Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. X

Bmx site?

What happened to the sister site for bmx? Does it still exist? If not, where do you guys get bmx info? Id rather cruise, but my boy is getting into bmx.
  2. X

bmx rear hub questions

my son got a walmart bmx bike with micro drive or whatever they call it. somehow, it came home the other day with the bearings out of the back hub. i tore it down and will try to rebuild it, but if i cant, ive been looking for another hub. its the kind that takes the single speed cassette...
  3. X

my valentines day gift

this year i got the ultimate valentine, something i needed so bad i couldnt live without it. i had quadruple bypass surgery on my heart. for those of you that know me a little better, yes, im 42 years old. you can imagine my surprise when they told me i had a heart attack! i couldnt have been...
  4. X

issues with tapatalk

I've read that some people say it's the best thing since sliced bread, but I find it confusing and hard to navigate. I can't find the browse option since the last update. I never see the posters location, which I feel is usually relevant to their post. so what am I missing guys, am I doing...
  5. X

soldering tutorial?

i was messing with a non bike project, and was having alot of problems soldering wires together. as many questions as i see here about led conversions, there has to be an expert here, and im probably not the only one with soldering defiecencies. (i cant spell real good either :oops: )
  6. X

im now officially a parent of a teenager!

13 years ago today, my lovely wife gave birth to our first child, a little girl. it doesnt seem posible that she's a teenager already. shes a pretty good kid with a good head on her shoulders, and we're very proud of her. i've learned alot from her as i've tried teaching her stuff. today i think...
  7. X

anybody build their own lathe?

ive seen all the info on the gingery stuff, but im not too crazy about the casting part. seems easier to weld or bolt it together. seen some cool stuff on the web. with a milling attachment, i think a fella could create all kinds of cool stuff.if youhave built one successfully, please post pics...
  8. X

do as i say, and make sure i do too!

just the other day, my boy was doin a project with my "dollar store dremel". i handed him the sadety glasses, and reminded him hes not allowed to run it without glasses. instead of comblaining, he said thanks,dad, and put them on and went about his business. i was proud. :D just a little bit...
  9. X

theres no place like rrb

havent been around as much in the last year or so, got into a few other things that were kinda necessary, and in research for info realized theres no place like rrb. for those of you who never go to any other forum, its a whole different world out there. its so friendly here, everybody tries to...
  10. X

aw man, not another spray paint question!

anybody know how well valspar spray paint is for what we do? my local hardware carries it, only a mile away vs. 20 mile to wallyworld for rustoleum. the dollar store i got my paint from for my van halen mtb worked great, but they only carry red,white, black &clear. i tried krylon 20 some years...
  11. X

my eddie van halen mtb

its like an '06(or close to that) mongoose blackcomb. i got it barely riden for free, rear derailer was ripped off on first ride, sat in a shed till it was given to me a year ago. a $30shimano alivio and i was ridin a $300 bike! last fall i got the wild idea that i needed to paint something...
  12. X

"tire peeler"

i've had this idea for a while now, my version of what a 2012stingray should look like. a modern desighn of a classic style. kinda like the new mustangs, chargers, and camaros really have the classic look, but are refined with modern touches. thats what im shootin for. was just about ready to...
  13. X

happy new year

although i was a guest for a long time, i officially joined the site 1 year ago today. ive learned alot, laughed alot, and said wow! alot. thanks to everyone for the company, heres to another year of great times. 8) oh, yeah, if any guest are reading this, dont be shy. come on in, the...
  14. X

production girder fork

does anybody manufacture a ready to install girder fork? or is homemade the only way to get one?
  15. X

anyone interested in e-bikes?

been lurking around some e-bike sites. gas aint gonna get any cheaper, people are on a green kick. could this be the right time to jump on the electric wagon? the technology is baffling for my simple mind, but if it becomes a big thing, wouldnt it be nice to have a jump on the rest of the world...
  16. X

rat rod sleds

ok, so maybe this shouldnt be here, but as it snowed last night i got to thinking about the sleds we had as kids. not this plastic crap you see today, im talkin about the old runner sleds. some of them were pretty cool lookin, and i would bet anybody that is into old bikes has some pics around...
  17. X

cheap springer?

i think i goofed up the first time i tried posting this, so if it shows up twice, mods please forgive and delete one of them. ive read the threads about the abe linkage, i liked it, then the price jump thing, so now im thinking of an idea ive had for a while now. i see new bmx-style forks...
  18. X

Park Tool new website

just noticed it tonite, looks like they changed it and added some stuff. check it out, it'll make you smile :D
  19. X

Evel Lives!

Last nite i took the kids to our towns little festival. the guy from the local harley shop was there. instead of showing off a 2011 sportster we cant afford, he had a collection of evel knievel toys from the 70s. before his stunt show demonstration, he explained to the young-uns that back in the...
  20. X

welcome to the space age

our hobby mainly centers on old stuff. we beleive its better built from better materials by people that had more pride in their work. i usually agree that old is best. however, last night i was reminded how technology has changed our lives. my father in law has a pacemaker/defribulator in his...
Back