Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

1st Porucho?

Hey guys, always wanted to build up a Porucho but curious if there's any other way to get ahold of one other than through his site? I mean aside from eBay or CL or any of that. Figured I'd check here before committing. Thanks!!
  2. C

I'm surprised this hasn't shown up here yet...

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/fat-bikes.htm :shock: The fatbike world, she's a changin ferever! Seriously though, between these BD fattys and the Walgooses (Walgeese?), it's getting exciting!
  3. C

Any ideas on a frame for this project?

For my next project I'd like to tackle a matt black and copper bike that utilizes those awesome 26" copper wheels from 3G. Below is the overall look I'd like to achieve, but I'm having trouble sourcing a frame like the one I have in mind. I know I've seen some of you guys with frames like this...
  4. C

How to make a truss rod fork?

After seeing slowriderz truss rod brackets for sale it got me thinking of how I to modify my fork to one that uses them. Anyone have some info on how to go about this? I orginally wanted to go the route of a monark style but now I'm diggin the truss rod look. Any help would be great!
  5. C

Creative number plates!

Been brainstorming a creative way to add the number to my ride and wanted to see what others have come up with. Seen some really clean ideas here before and would love to see them all in one place! Wood planks, paint can lids, hub caps; go nuts! Here's my most recent one:
  6. C

Skiptooth chain help...so frustrated

Long story short, got a bike off a friend that had a skiptooth chain, sprocket, wheels etc and sold the chain, sprocket, and crank thinking I'd upgrade with brand new parts. Recently had a change of heart and started buying replacements. The original sprocket was a 24t so I bought another and...
  7. C

New Build - Build, Painting, etc Q's

Hey guys, finally getting my second build underway and have a couple painting questions that I couldn't find specific answer to doing a search. Here's how she's looking so far: I'd really like to paint the wheels a matte black color but they are currently a bit rusted and gunked up with YEARS...
  8. C

Quill style seatpost help

So I'm trying to replace this seat post with a layback style one and just realized that it relies on a quill style seatpost to tighten it down. If I go with a layback style I'll lose the ability to lock it down. Anyone have any suggestions on a workaround? The post starts at 7/8" and tapers...
  9. C

wide 26" tires?

trying to find a set of wide 26" tires for my build and am wondering, what's the widest 26" tire available? the widest i've found is 26x2.3 by electra. i love the fatti-o tread but don't want a 24" tire. any help would be great. guess i should double check the width of my rear seat stays too...
  10. C

Red Rims

For my next build, I'm thinking of going with a classic flat black powdercoat along with some chrome accents, red rims, and whitewall tires. Was wondering though, where do you guys get the red rims? I know some of you get them powdercoated or painted, and I saw that Nirve has some reds for...
  11. C

Stelber bicycles? Any info?

Just picked up this cool Stelber bike but have never heard of them. Anyone have any info? I want to fix her up but want to make sure I'm not destroying something valuable. I'm pretty sure it has a skiptooth (never dealt with one before) and I had a small problem with the stem when removing...
  12. C

New Headbadge finally on!

Wanted to give e a shout to Terry for the awesome work he did on this new headbadge. It's been in the works for a while and finally had the chance to put it on the bike. Modeled after a '65 AC Cobra emblem. Also check out the awesome piston valve caps!
  13. C

First Boardtracker (kind of)

Board( :roll: ) at work today so I thought I'd design some sort of boardtracker for my next project. I've never built one before but if I was going to, hopefully it would turn out something like this. I have no idea if the proportions would be accurate or if it's actually feasible to build but...
  14. C

Huffy Cranbrook at Walmart $84

Just a heads up for anyone who cares, the Huffy Cranbrook is now $84 at Walmart WITH a $20 gift card, essentially making it $64 if that's the way you want to look at it. Here's the link for the Men's bike.
  15. C

Cobras!!

Finally finished! 2 months to get to this point and I'm super proud of my first bike. Bike: Bike and the car it was built for:
  16. C

frame for board tracker?

i've been seriously diggin the board trackers that pop up on this site and was wondering with the exception of Crank!Basti 's Porucho frame (which i'm seriously considering), what frames do you guys normally use? i like that drawn out style that looks like you should lay down on it to ride...
  17. C

tire gunk?

Just got these new tires from bicycledesigner.com and when trying to clean up some scuffs and marks from the packaging, I found they have this weird film on them. anyone know how to get it off without damaging the tire? i can kind of rub it off with my fingers but it just beads up and sticks...
  18. C

20" Girls Schwinn Stingray

Anyone know what a good cond. 20" girls stingray is worth? Pretty sure it's from the late 60's early 70's.
  19. C

painting fenders??

just bought these mini fenders from BikeWorldUSA and was wondering if they were paint-able? i tried to get the stock ones painted and the guy who is painting the bike for me said they could not be painted since they were zinc dipped. The ones I bought from BikeWorld are steel with chrome...
  20. C

custom head badge

anyone know of a way to create a custom head badge? trying to find a way to replicate this to put on a bike i'm building to match an ac cobra my pops just bought. though it would be a cool idea to have the same badge from the steering wheel on the head tube. i've found some badges online but...
Back