Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M.Martian

Halloween costumes and bikes

so who tied in their Halloween costume with bikes?
  2. M.Martian

Hi wheel in yosemite

Can't decide if I like the color or b&w better, but here is the color.
  3. M.Martian

1944 Columbia and unknown Cleveland

i ended up getting these two locally. The Columbia is a 1944 sports tourists girls bike. All parts are black out other than the dogleg crank. This one just needs a skip tooth chain and some rubber and it can be on the road again. And those hubs are in perfect shape under all that grime...
  4. M.Martian

Penny for your thoughts

Not really a fresh find since I bought it new, but it's a Rideable Bicycle Replica Standard in 48"
  5. M.Martian

Worth $12? I would say YES

I went to the Alameda Point Antique Faire this past Sunday and for once found something worth grabbing. Price tag was a whopping $12. Not even worth bothering to haggle it down. It's bike is a mix of stuff. S2 with a USA Bendix 70 in need of a rebuild. Sprung banana seat, original Schwinn...
  6. M.Martian

Rolling Relics Livermore Ride, May 27th

Rolling Relics May Livermore Ride May 27th Meeting time will be at 10:00 am with the ride rolling out at 11:00 am. Location will be at The Village at Livermore Shopping Center corners of Stanley Blvd, Railroad Ave and First St. 1024 East Stanley Boulevard Livermore‎ CA‎ 94550 United States...
  7. M.Martian

Rolling Relics Feb. 26th, Davis, CA

Rolling Relics ride for Feb. will be 2/26 starting at 12:00 noon at the parking garage on corner of 1st and F Tony said that the bicycle museum will be opening up special for us at the end of the ride. Unfortunately I can't make it, but it looks like it should be a good ride.
  8. M.Martian

1970 Stingray

I've been slacking on actually putting a build thread together, but as a bonus for you my slacking means I can just show from beginning to end. This started out as a mostly stripped down frame that I got for $25. I then needed a donor for parts and found a 1972 Fair Lady with a 3 speed wheel...
  9. M.Martian

Rolling Relics Ride - Stockton, CA 1/29

The Rolling Relics are starting off the year in Stockton. The rides will typically be the last Sunday of the month. First ride of the year starts at Port City Cyclery in Stockon, CA on Sunday 1/29 at 10am
  10. M.Martian

What happens when...

you have a 1970's Sears rust bucket and mix it up* with a Walmart Thruster Fixie? You end up with the Anti-Fixie. * your milage may vary, or require a shoehorn (or a flat tire) to get the rear wheel into the frame.
  11. M.Martian

Big Red Tail and Stop Light

I got this from slick and threw it on my normal ride, I looked up the patent and it's from around 1947-1950. Works great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8RuaeDfeFU
  12. M.Martian

Rolling Relics 11/6 Livermore, CA Ride

The Ride will start at the Chevy's/IHOP parking lot on 1st Street right off 580. Chevys Fresh Mex‎ 4685 1st Street Livermore, CA 94550 Get ready to come and enjoy the wine country for a bit of wine, vineyards and great bike trails. Total ride length is 13.5 miles with a possibility for...
  13. M.Martian

Northern California Vintage Bicycle Rides - Google Calendar

Northern California Vintage Bicycle Rides I've started this calendar over on Google. I'm trying to keep a central listing for ALL events going on in Northern California, around the bay, in the valley and out to Sacramento mostly. In case you don't have a Google account to see it, you can...
  14. M.Martian

Steam Power!!!

If you are ever in SF make a stop off at the Musee Mecanique (penny arcade) down on the pier. This was based off of a 1912 motorcycle. The article said it's top speed was around 110mph, steam powered, leaf spring rear suspension, multispeed hub. This thing was VERY cool. Everything in this...
  15. M.Martian

round tail bike???

Here is an interesting bike frame I just saw in Popular Science. Not quite sure what the purpose is other than to be different. http://roundtailbike.com/
  16. M.Martian

not a restore but...

Well, it's not a restoration but it will make an 8 year old girl really happy for her birthday. Her mom (a friend of mine) wanted me to find her a Schwinn for her birthday. I ended up finding this baby blue 1974 Lil Chik for $35. As it started. It had a random chinese rear wheel and a wald...
  17. M.Martian

1967 Schwinn Deluxe Sting-Ray, Coppertone

That's a very nice stingray. That color always looks so cool. Based on the lucky 7 chainwheel (36 tooth) instead of the mag (46 tooth), it looks like it's the smaller kids version. Although it does have the large banana seat and tall handlebars.
  18. M.Martian

Quick ride to downtown. new license plate

I decided to take a quick ride into downtown Livermore this evening. I recently got the Pedal Grinders plates finished so I thought I'd post up what I whipped up. :mrgreen: I polished this one but the rest of them are powder coated then silkscreened.
  19. M.Martian

Fixie? Oh my!!

What happens when you don't lock away those dang uni-cycles from the rest of your bikes? I caught it humping my Stingray and this is what resulted from it. The bike is a 1970 boys frame with parts from a now stripped down deluxe fair lady. The 3 speed SA is sitting off to the side while I...
  20. M.Martian

a little bit of sun today

Went for a short ride into downtown. There were actually a couple rain drops at one point.
Back