۞ FROM THE GARBAGE, WITH LOVE ۞

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many know, I got married last April. Most of my bikes still reside at my parent´s, 6 miles from my home, including my favourite cruiser and it´s matching couple, both especially designed to ride on the "sea side side walk" ( :?: )
Here they are:

No, you didn´t find Wally, that´s my wife. :mrgreen:

Now, I´m planing to build another bike for her, and leave that one home in case we wanna ride in the neighbourhood (that´s right, the perfect excuse to build another bike :wink: )

So, I´m starting with this:

Hoping to end up with something close to this:

All in time for Christmas, thing that wont be a walk in the park cause I have to build from scratch the tank and the chainguard.
Build starts next week!

Re: Other one for my girl, 50´s look.

Thanks for the tip! But the tank and chain guard will be built, not bought :wink:

OK finally some progress
As I think I mentioned, this baby will have built from scratch tank and the chainguard. At first I was doing them both using fibber glass, but then I thought a wooden tank would be cool, so if you want to see how I built the chain guard, I put together a little tutorial on fibber glassing: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49603

Have some bad cell phone pics for´ya
Chain guard:
2680020130101087470S600x600Q85.jpg

Tank so far:

Frame as started:

Donor:

Will save this for a future project, seams like a good idea for front suspension :roll:

After a good use of the conduit bender we got to mocking up these

Welded new adds and cleaned the frame a bit. Also repapered the joints up in were the seat post fits:

Pretty happy with result, I like those new lines

Next is to finish the tank, dismantle the other donor, making fenders and painting the whole thing. .
I´m almost there!! :roll: :? :lol:

Looking Good!! I like the bars you added to the frame! 8) :mrgreen:

Re: ۞ FROM THE GARBAGE, WITH LOVE ۞ Tank almost done...

Got the tank practically done yesterday, sanded and done by hand, soft as a baby's behind, all it needs is paint 8)

Fits like a glove

Next: We´re disembowelling donor bike #2 for parts, especially wheels cause we need to modify some fenders...

That tank is NIIIIIce!!!Great job 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!
I planed to work on the fenders today, but we´re being hit by wind and rain storm :(
Maybe in a couple of hours it will let me do something, dunno...

Thanks guys!!!

KickBack: Had no problem, the conduit bender I have, I think is a 1" so bended this thin side bars with no problem at all.

Lines on the frame look like a factory design.........Walk softly, but carry a big bender. :lol:

Thanks KOTA!!!
Benders are like tires...
MO FATTA, MO BETTA as kingfish254 would say :wink:

I thought this little additions would look cool and make the frame look more pleasant to the eye.
Two things I´m very happy to have is the welder and the conduit bender. So if anyone is asking himself should I buy one, go ahead, totally worthy. (I would buy a better bender if I could)

Latest posts

Back