••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " lotsO clear update pics "

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Every One! I have decided to Join the Rat(rod)Race once again this year. I enjoyed meeting so many like minded builders last year and the pressure of the competition! It's good to see so many builders returning this year! I can't wait to see what becomes from everyone!! After finishing 5th With My ((Aluminaty)) build Last year I realized i learned many things from all of you. So this build my goal is to make a bike that everyone wants from the parts that those same people gave/sold me because they thought they were past there prime(SuCkEd).

I have a hard time remembering who built what in the past so I figured I would give everyone a refresher who i am and those Newbs an introduction too.

Here is My last years Build and My forever Bike. My 1956 Goodyear highway Patrol!

collection.jpg

so i hope i haven't wasted too much of your time,
So here is my build Proposition!

ya·ku·za

   [yah-koo-zah] Show IPA
noun, plural ya·ku·za.
1. any of various tightly knit Japanese criminal organizations having a ritualistic, strict code of honor.
2. such organizations collectively.
3. a member of such an organization; gangster.

I am using influences from many Japanese Bike/Motorcycle builders and once again i will be working in aluminum this year!

parts.jpg

I have collected these parts over the winter for this RRBBO7
its a KoNa -stinky- downhill frame with 2 cracks in the levers and a real nice rattle can paint job done by the a couple of guys at the Pro's Closet in Boulder. they painted it in Denver Nuggets Colors and used it as wall art. then i have a favorite of mine, the girvin fork! then some random goodies that i will be using .

Re: ...\Ya·Ku·Za/...

I'm gonna be following this one! I loved what you did with the Aluminati.

I am a mountain biker at heart, so I am excited to see what you are going to be doing with those pieces.

Cue that "Welcome to the jungle" and glad to see ya back now...GTB!! Peace

#FollowingThisBuild

Alluminati is an awesome bike in a few ways. It was one of my votes last year. Sure you'll be a heavy hitter again.

Re: • • •••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••• • •

bighit said:
Don't sweat it I got your back with a new school build as well. I always wanted to use a full suspension frame. They beg to be rodded.

All that matters is what it looks like in the end.
Thanks! It's the vision that makes a differance! I wouldn't care if i had a folding clown bike. It's all in the vision!!!.

I'm sure I'll be blown away again this year!

Re: • • •••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••• • • FiRsT mOcK-uP •

First mock-up. but i am sure things will shift around a bit for the stance and fork configuration. i think my biggest goal is to file all of the corners/edges to a similar radius to make it look closer to an actual manufactured bobber and strip that nasty paint..

bars.jpg

4.jpg

side.jpg

Yeah,Man 8) 8)

Re: • • •••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••• • •FiRsT mOcK-up•

Looks mean... I like it!

Ooooo!! Now that's lovely! Even with those colors it's cool. GTB Peace

Maybe headlight? Dont know if i am liking it to much? I just had it sitting around.
And i am testing my pic upload on my iphone so i dont have to post from my computer
4bbecffc.jpg

And it is a Xmas miracle! Kind of a pain but it works! Awsome no more PC! Later Bill Gates!

that is rad!

Re: • • •••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••• • •headlight?•

Where'd you get that bolt on handlebar crossmember?

diggin the vibe!

yoothgeye said:
Where'd you get that bolt on handlebar crossmember?
I have no idea what it came off of. I get most of my parts from local denver guys that part out graigslist bikes. But he does a lot of bmx bikesthough.

Latest posts

Back