••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " lotsO clear update pics "

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••••

This is a little off subject but i picked up 1 of my top 3 keepers this week! It will be a little work but it will be a nice "RetRo-RoD" i am stripping the innerds and instahling a blue tooth reciever in the tank and subwoofer in the battery box. It will all work off of my iphone 4s. With an original rare blue pearl, ivory paint & water slide decals it should be back from its day!
1a645517.jpg

1950s huffy radiobike!
I am back on my "YaKuZa" build this weekend!

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••• !Guinness World Record?! •

bighit said:
I totally want a pair.

I think that means something different in my neighborhood...LOL!

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••••Radio killed the bike builder?

I am half tempted to change frames and build my radiobike. I am too exited!! I never thought i would ever find one. But i am going to stick to my guns and keep buildin'. This winter will bring me plenty-O-time to restore it.

I need some12 guage sheet aluminum!!!

••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••• !!bAcK in bLaCk!!

1st rotor mounted after drilling & counter sinking the rims. I set in a 1/4" aluminum threaded spacer between the rotor and rim.
5385fa89.jpg

here i have to file the caliper carrier to fit in the inside radious of the rotor.
f353b276.jpg

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••. Front rotor n pedals

Heres a closeup of a rotor mount
4954559d.jpg

And a before pic of my pedals. Hopefully? I need to rebuild them with smaller mounting treads.
ac043f59.jpg

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••. Front rotor mounted.

tvc15 said:
Your builds are completely off the hook!
Due respect to yours too! I usualy have a good plan when building anything but when it comes to bikes it's what ever happens happens!

This is so amazingly insane!!!!!!

Heres a shot of me turning the rotor! I took a grinder with a wire brush on it to get the wheel moving by pressing it on the rotors contact patch. Once the wheel got to a humming speed i reversed the direction of the brush to smoothout the surface. Then i got it spinning again and set a file to it to knock down any high spots. Then smoothed it again.
There is a lot of uneven slag on the plasma cut rotors.
6f4f0717.jpg

Whoops? I have a clearance problem. I designed the rotors when i had a set of cable tensioned calipers. Now that i have hydroloc ones there is a bit of a glich. I have two solutions. 1. Countersink the mounting bolts on the rotors or 2. Clearace the caliper mount. I think i will do the latter. I have a theary " I will not keep a part stock because if value. If I am building something, I am building something!"
e9f18a6c.jpg

Lookin' good Mick :!: Love the Radio Bike.I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the build thread this winter.
Keep up the great work :wink:

I reconfigured the front shock from the factory foam squishy pillow to a fox vanilla. Its a little stiff but i can change the spring later. Here is the first moch-up with the rear rotors installed. I am working on the calliper brackets and breaklines next.
a49c1b56.jpg

7a714068.jpg

e16645b2.jpg

bfebed62.jpg

Re: ••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••It's a roller After 2 months of slacking!

That really has a futurustic Steampunk vibe to it.

Really unique and different kinda bike with all of it's design and engineering.

I am so close on getting the 3 speed trans to fit. If it don't i will probably build a bracket to fit a larger crank case to set in front of the lower small cassett bracket.
bd828e35.jpg

I am also smoothing or moving the cable brackets to new locations.
1ba3e881.jpg

Heres playing with brake lever locations. I may shorten the bars a few inches by the end of the build too.
547a7bc1.jpg

I am toying with the mount for the grip shifter for the "Dana" its on the bars in this pick and on the left rear staunch on the last pic.
44c47149.jpg

Heres a shot of the isometrical front fender mounts. I have been really tired of simetrical design for a while now. Not that its bad but i get a lot more ideas when i push my self away from the norm.
31b3b0f5.jpg

I got my headlight mounted too. It may change but it looks good here for now. Its off to one side too.
4fcf0b25.jpg

Re: ••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " all kinds of progress "

Good luck with the Dana. Your backup plan sounds good.
The artistic photos make it tough, and we have to squint to see the details, but that makes us work harder to see those cool details. Which is a good thing.
Your madness has a method and I am diggin going crazy with this build! :shock: :mrgreen:

Re: ••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " Does any one else get this feeling?

I don't know why but it seems like every time i build a bike i get to a point that i just can't get past. Then out of thin air the sun peaks out of the clouds in a shimmering light if satesfaction!! Like a part that i have been wanting to find apears on craigslist at the perfect moment or the simple answer to the problem is right there in front of you or most of all it's the "I wonder if that part will just happen to fit?". (((BLAMMO!!)) it fits. It happens to me more often when i build bikes! Now when it comes to getting parts un-stuck or Cars are a completly different story...

Re: ••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " Does any one else get this feeling?

Had that happen with the Heim joints on my build which was inspired by Fisch's use in his build (on different part of the truss rod and for a different purpose) then found one guy that had the right spherical opening Heim joint for the truss rod on ebay for a decent price.

Latest posts

Back