***→ → → The Seminole ← ← ←*** DONE on Friday the 13th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: **→ → → The Seminole ← ← ←** 7/11 seat post progress

yeshoney said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Didn't have time to take a picture, because I pulled a "Clancy" and stole 15 minutes in the garage at 11:00 PM with the "garbage excuse".

Now thats some funny chit!!! :lol:

hahaha!! right? It was the best advice he could have given us.

ok, I'm pretty sure I'm done with this thing. I may add the louver tank plates if I find the time, but I'm not sure they will look good. I think it looks best this way. It rides really nice, and has great easy gearing. The bike takes off effortlessly.

Like previously stated, it's no winner, but by entering in the B.O., I was pushed to finish it in a timely manner, and that goal has been met. Otherwise, this frame probably would have been in my attic for two years, and it would have been a shame too leave these wheels and tires unused.

This is my favorite rat bike so far.

7561613780_8e335e4597_b.jpg

7561626418_e27bab2f69_b.jpg

7561633862_99ac492060_b.jpg

7561687446_c7d6ff52b0_b.jpg

7561669524_1a2a3c4eef_b.jpg

Looks great Ian :D That's a bike to be pround of! :wink: I agree, this is your best rat bike 8)

thanks Nick.

best of luck to you meeting the deadline and getting votes.

There is a lot of cool classic rat going on with this build!!!
Love the monster seat rivets.
The stance in wicked!!!!
If you ever go to sell it, make sure you market in in Florida. That Seminole headbadge with bring a few extra dollars for it.

WICKED BIKE!!!!

BRAVO!!!!

A nice clean rat! Very good job, that finish came out awesome as well as the truss rods and looks great with the black meats.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
ok, I'm pretty sure I'm done with this thing. I may add the louver tank plates if I find the time, but I'm not sure they will look good. I think it looks best this way. It rides really nice, and has great easy gearing. The bike takes off effortlessly.

Like previously stated, it's no winner, but by entering in the B.O., I was pushed to finish it in a timely manner, and that goal has been met. Otherwise, this frame probably would have been in my attic for two years, and it would have been a shame too leave these wheels and tires unused.

Wow...This is a super nice bike. I have been finding that the more bikes I look at, the more I like the simplicity of a well balanced rat bike.

I agree about using the RRBO as motivation to get building. My Higgins frame sat on a shelf in my garage for a LONG time.

Terry66 said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

Like previously stated, it's no winner, but by entering in the B.O., I was pushed to finish it in a timely manner, and that goal has been met. Otherwise, this frame probably would have been in my attic for two years, and it would have been a shame to leave these wheels and tires unused.

Wow...This is a super nice bike. I have been finding that the more bikes I look at, the more I like the simplicity of a well balanced rat bike.

I agree about using the RRBO as motivation to get building. My Higgins frame sat on a shelf in my garage for a LONG time.

thank you, and ya, I mean I know I'm never gonna build a jaw-dropping bicycle like some of the guys on this forum, but this proved to me that the build-offs are great for motivation. I've been stealing 15 minutes here and there for weeks, and I know I wouldn't have done that were it not for the deadline.

raggedjim said:
Nice, clean build. I'd be proud to have it!

Good luck and congrats on getting done on time! Be sure to get it posted in the Finished thread.

Rg

thanks. will do, I am hoping to get pictures of it in front of what remains of the original factory (they tore most of it down) in Westfield, MA. My mother in law is a photographer, so hopefully I can get a nice picture of it. then I'll post it.

MAN!! THIS IS THE DEFINITION ON A TUFF BIKE!! THOSE THICKS AND THAT CHAINGUARD MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A MONSTER!! GREAT JOB!! GET TA CHILLIN'!! PEACE

This bike oozes coolness! I only wish mine was this bad-action...

"get ta chillin"....

Hahaha! Ya Jake, I'm gonna do just that. Going to the beach today. Although I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to do with the Monark I picked up last night.

Anyway, thanks guys for the approval. It means a lot.

cheers

Latest posts

Back