█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/21 Frame change? pg40

The only real prlobem I see is You have 40 pages of thread on the other bike being built ..I did the frame change my self only because I didnt want to rat out a original restoration that I finished in the first 14 days of the build off. But I ended that thread & started all over .. :D ... I was afraid of confusing the villagers .. :mrgreen You could always just forget the side car until later & keep the Bike going..

tanksalot said:
The only real prlobem I see is You have 40 pages of thread on the other bike being built ..I did the frame change my self only because I didnt want to rat out a original restoration that I finished in the first 14 days of the build off. But I ended that thread & started all over .. :D ... I was afraid of confusing the villagers .. :roll:

I thought of that, but as much as people talk about votes, you really don't have your mind made up until you see the final photos and the poll.

Well, I say go with what you like :wink: You have to think of what you'll finish in 6.5 weeks too :) I think the JC Higgins is pretty sweet :mrgreen:

I know its not a easy call at this point .. I had to think it over when I restarted about the thread & weather to start it all over. But I figured my first bike didnt have a good chance if I left it as a restoration instead of a rat rod. Also we where only 30 days in when I auctially decided to restart my build thread ..And I had so many ideas spinning around me .. I also dont think a muscle bike will win the build off like Im doing but who knows & I wanted to build what I like so Im just along for the ride so to speak..What Im tring to say is build what you like.. :mrgreen:
DSC02183.jpg

yoothgeye said:
tanksalot said:
The only real prlobem I see is You have 40 pages of thread on the other bike being built ..I did the frame change my self only because I didnt want to rat out a original restoration that I finished in the first 14 days of the build off. But I ended that thread & started all over .. :D ... I was afraid of confusing the villagers .. :roll:

I thought of that, but as much as people talk about votes, you really don't have your mind made up until you see the final photos and the poll.

I say switch solely on the fact that those are the coolest apes I have ever seen!!!! I have a set of 25"s on my Schwinn and they look like baby's compared to those. :mrgreen: 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Well, I say go with what you like :wink: You have to think of what you'll finish in 6.5 weeks too :) I think the JC Higgins is pretty sweet :mrgreen:

I could complete almost ANY bike in 6 weeks, but I really don't have 6 weeks. Next week is Vacation Bible School, so all day at work then each evening there too. Saturday taking the youth group to Kings Dominion, won't get back till late. Anyway, that leaves me very little time before vacation to have my bikes ready to take to PA with us, so since I'm building one anyway, why not make it my build-bike or I'll be cutting corners on G.I. JESSE JAMES.

Plus like mentioned earlier I'll be leaving for my mission trip August 5th, so I really need to finish early.

Bigdaddy772 said:
I say switch solely on the fact that those are the coolest apes I have ever seen!!!! I have a set of 25"s on my Schwinn and they look like baby's compared to those. :mrgreen: 8)

Haha, thanks. I made these using a set of road bars (for the bottom) and a piece of exercise equipment (kind of like a cross country skiing machine, I used the "poles") anyway, I found another EXACT machine and plan to make another set.

Maybe the apes will stick in the minds of the voters! :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Bigdaddy772 said:

Haha, thanks. I made these using a set of road bars (for the bottom) and a piece of exercise equipment (kind of like a cross country skiing machine, I used the "poles") anyway, I found another EXACT machine and plan to make another set.

Maybe the apes will stick in the minds of the voters! :mrgreen:
Got my attention....How tall are they? They look like 3 footers!!

I'm sorry my PROCRASTINATION intimidation caused your frame change :lol: But that Higgins is sweet. (as a side note the bike shop I work at has of all things......a pet bunny behind the shop) :shock:

Go ahead and use the new bike. Save Jesse for later. Whatever just GTB!! Peace

I say contimue with the sidecar but make it an Pennsylvsania Dutch theme instead!!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ripcordjerry/3561465074/

Naw, seriously, if you read through so many of the builds, at some point "REAL LIFE" has an affect on most all of our builds. For a while now, I could tell that REAL LIFE was holding up GIJJ for you. GIJJ is a big project and probably deserves to be a separate build without the time restriction of the Build Off. My vacation at the beginning of BO7 affected my decision to not go with the salt flats sidecar that I had been thinking about.

Build what works for you! We all know you will do a killer job on the Higgins. Plenty of time left. Remember, I built BEER RUN in 30 days last year, and that was my first build ever.

Good luck either way!!!

amish-set.jpg

yoothgeye said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

I could complete almost ANY bike in 6 weeks, but I really don't have 6 weeks. Next week is Vacation Bible School, so all day at work then each evening there too. Saturday taking the youth group to Kings Dominion, won't get back till late. Anyway, that leaves me very little time before vacation to have my bikes ready to take to PA with us, so since I'm building one anyway, why not make it my build-bike or I'll be cutting corners on G.I. JESSE JAMES.

Plus like mentioned earlier I'll be leaving for my mission trip August 5th, so I really need to finish early.

I think this bike lends itself to fit into your schedule and will still wind up being a wowser of a ratrod.

kingfish254 said:
Build what works for you! We all know you will do a killer job on the Higgins. Plenty of time left. Remember, I built BEER RUN in 30 days last year, and that was my first build ever.

Yeah, but I want a bike better than Beer Run (oh snap! The trash talk is back!) :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Yeah, but I want a bike better than Beer Run (oh snap! The trash talk is back!) :mrgreen:

I am sure that you wanted a bike better than BEER RUN last year too, but according to the votes 76er didn't quite measure up! :shock: 8)

Maybe you'll have better luck this year. :p

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I am sure that you wanted a bike better than BEER RUN last year too, but according to the votes 76er didn't quite measure up! :shock: 8)

Dang man, that hurts. :cry: :mrgreen:

Wow, just noticed that I would've been the first in the build-off to have 10,000 views (theoretically) and then I switched build threads. haha Soon my new build will have 150 views!

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
"kingfish254" Build what works for you! We all know you will do a killer job on the Higgins. Plenty of time left. Remember, I built BEER RUN in 30 days last year, and that was my first build ever.

Dang man, that hurts. :cry: :mrgreen:

LOL!!!! Oh come on, I'm just tossing the trash talk back across the fence!!!! Just like when my neighbor's cat poops in my yard. :p 8)

This thread will probably still be the first 10k thread.

Latest posts

Back