█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/21 Frame change? pg40

kingfish254 said:
LOL!!!! Oh come on, I'm just tossing the trash talk back across the fence!!!! Just like when my neighbor's cat poops in my yard. :p 8)

This thread will probably still be the first 10k thread.

That would be cool, I hope I get a special prize, it's just that when I moved it here to builds the traffic undoubtedly went away.

What happened? I need to get a photo, but the day after I blued the fork and polished it I went out to the shop and it was COVERED with a dusting of rust. Why?

Peatbog said:
Probably the first thread ever yanked from the build-off that had the highest number of views. Probably the first thread to have some Amish bunnies also.

Who could have imagined both of those happening to the same guy at the beginning of the build.

Crazy, man.

Yeah, it's going to cost me... BIG TIME. :(

Rat Rod said:
Okay...40 plus pages in this journal and every time I click on a page I see no bike pictures...ha ha. :lol:

Maybe I should make an index to help navigate to the actual updates and away from the bunnies.

yoothgeye said:
Rat Rod said:
Okay...40 plus pages in this journal and every time I click on a page I see no bike pictures...ha ha. :lol:

Maybe I should make an index to help navigate to the actual updates and away from the bunnies.

No need, just stop yappin so much and start building on your Spy vs Spy bike. This ain't Facebook! :p :mrgreen:

Spy-vs-Spy-without-bombs-775529.jpg

I talk when I don't have time to build. Vacation Bible School starts tonight, I have to take the kids in a few minutes. My wife has been there all day finishing the decorating, so I took the kids to the pool. On the way back past the church I saw something behind the church... something big. :shock: I pulled in to see a BIG military helicopter someone brought on a trailer for a VBS prop! Our theme is Amazing Wonders Aviation.

Anyway, what if I had had G.I.JESSE JAMES finished by now, what a cool backdrop this would be! (pics will come)

I was just busting your chops. We each have our own ways to doc our builds.

That would be cool to have a chopper as the backdrop for a chopper sidecar.

It will only be here a couple days, but it's SUPER cool and I can climb all in it, I got lots of good detail photos that might help others who are doing military builds. When I attach my sheetmetal I'll be using pop-rivots, so I got some cool panel shots that show that I don't need continuous pieces of steel:

SAM_0905.jpg

SAM_0904.jpg

SAM_0903.jpg

SAM_0902.jpg

SAM_0901.jpg

SAM_0900.jpg

SAM_0899.jpg

SAM_0898.jpg

SAM_0897.jpg

SAM_0896.jpg

SAM_0895.jpg

SAM_0894.jpg

SAM_0893.jpg

SAM_0892.jpg

SAM_0891.jpg

SAM_0890.jpg

yoothgeye said:
What happened? I need to get a photo, but the day after I blued the fork and polished it I went out to the shop and it was COVERED with a dusting of rust. Why?

You need to keep gun barrels oiled... Or store them somewhere with low humidity. Some 3 in 1 oil on a rag, or one of those yellow silicone impregnated gun cloths should do the trick.

Lugisland said:
yoothgeye said:

You need to keep gun barrels oiled... Or store them somewhere with low humidity. Some 3 in 1 oil on a rag, or one of those yellow silicone impregnated gun cloths should do the trick.

The dust wipes right off, but it is super messy. What if after I wipe it down I rub it down with linseed oil?

I just couldn't understand why it did it overnight. I mean, I'm use to the high humidity we have, but this is crazy.

That is a cool old Huey. I remember climbing around in one as a kid somewhere.
Nice photos.

gcrank1 said:
I just GOTTA get me a 'DUST OFF' plate!

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, but I didn't get it, I think I do now. Did they say "dust off" so that others would see the red cross if the helicopter was dirty, because if they left it dirty they might "accidentally" shoot them down?

Latest posts

Back