█SEPTEMBER 1st █ BIKE FEST █ New London CT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's right, New England Rat Rodders!

It's Bike Fest time again! Coming up faster than a board tracker on a long downhill...

Saturday, September 1st, 2012... On the Waterfront Park piers... New London, Connecticut!

Noon to 3:00PM

bikefest11showbikes.jpg

Kustom Bike Show... Rat Rodders show off their creations and collections!

bikefest11ratriding.jpg

Parade Of Wheels... One Lap of Downtown to see the new artwork and murals put up this year.

Drag Racin' !

bikefest11challenge.jpg

bikefest11fastfive.jpg

All shapes and sizes of bikes at BIKE FEST!

bikefest11stevil.jpg

Helmet giveaways for kids...

bikefest11helmets.jpg

Don't miss it! Email BIKE NEW LONDON at [email protected] for questions, info, or just to say hey!

--Rob Bareiss
Chairman, Bike New London

Yea,that was a great time last year.I have the date open and will make plans to bring a wacky bike! :D

Crowded weekends; where does one choose to go? :)

Looking at the schedules, there really isn’t a conflict, only a matter of logistics.

HPVF: Sunday September, 9th
Bike Fest: Saturday September, 1st
North East Epic Boston Bike Ride: will work if it is scheduled for Saturday September, 8th

This would make it possible for us to enjoy two consecutive weekends of riding together :) :!:

Stick around for the day, enjoy Bike Fest, from 12-3PM, have a casual dinner at any of the 20 bars and restaurants along Bank St or State St, and rejoin the group for our Moonlight Ride at 7:30PM.

The flyer for Bike Fest is here:

http://www.bareiss.net/bikenewlondon/bikefest2012a.pdf

See you all there!

--Rob

Not long now! Just a few days till BIKE FEST 2012, and the weather report is looking great for our area.

cruiseride06093.jpg

072609workshop.jpg

Hope all the New England Rat Rod folks and custom bike builders can come down for a good time with us on Saturday, Sept 1st from 12-3.

union072009.jpg

Whatever you ride, come on down for a great time on 2 wheels!

20inch2010history1.jpg

Email us at [email protected] or see Bike New London on Facebook!

By the way, the USCG Eagle is in port, and you can see it just like this:
nleagle041411.jpg

--Rob Bareiss

Rob, me and the misses might make your moonlight ride. Where and what time?

Wow this came up quick. I'm gonna come over and show a few new bikes created this year.
Hope to see a few folks I haven't seen in a while :eek: .................Stevil

BIKE FEST 2012 is TOMORROW!!!

The Custom Bike Show and events run from Noon to 3PM. We will be setting up at 11 so don't worry about being early or late.

The closest address for the Waterfront Park would be the intersection of South Water Street and the Bank St. Connector. The Waterfront Park is directly on the Thames River in New London, over the AMTRAK train tracks. There is parking along South Water Street, on Bank St, and behind the medical offices of Coastal Digestive, 258 Bank St., as well as a small (12 car) lot at the Waterfront Park. Space is available to pull in and drop off bikes, but please check with one of us first before pulling onto the Customs House Pier.

Directions to New London if you're driving here:

I 95 North from New Haven area: Exit 83, Downtown New London. Straight at end of exit onto Huntington St. Straight through all traffic lights and 3-way stop (Jay St.) Straight to 4-way stop sign (St. Mary's Church on right). Becomes Tilley St. at 4-way stop. Tilley St. straight to end. Turn LEFT onto Bank St (one way), 1st RIGHT onto Bank St Connector. Cross AMTRAK tracks to Waterfront Park.

I-95 South from Mystic or Rhode Island: Cross Thames River (Gold Star Bridge), Exit 84S, Downtown New London. (1st exit after Bridge, then left hand split). Merge onto Rt 32 at end of exit. Straight to end, LEFT on Tilley St. Turn LEFT at end of Tilley St. onto Bank St. (one way). 1st RIGHT onto Bank St. Connector. Cross AMTRAK tracks to Waterfront Park.

Rt 2 East from Hartford, or 395 S from Worcester, or Rt 32 S from Willimantic: Enter 395 S and follow to Exit 78 (LEFT hand exit) for Rt 32 S New London/ Groton. Rt 32 S (4 miles) to Downtown New London. Straight to end. LEFT on Tilley St. Turn LEFT at end of Tilley St. onto Bank St (one way). First RIGHT onto Bank St. Connector. Cross AMTRAK tracks to Waterfront Park.

Questions? Email us at [email protected]

The Moonlight Ride is from 7:30 PM on. It's a Blue Moon tonight, so it will be absolutely gorgeous Saturday for a nighttime ride. Note that state law requires at least a front headlight and rear reflector for night riding and our local police DO enforce that... sometimes.

The Moonlight Ride leaves from Fort Trumbull State Park, East St., New London CT. Fort Trumbull is pretty well posted with brown State signs. Email us at [email protected] with any questions. The ride is open to all ages but minors (under 16) must be accompanied by an adult. Helmets are very strongly suggested.

I'm planning to get food & drink all afternoon and ride around town. There are at least 20 places to do this within a 4-block area in New London. Those of you who have ridden with our group before know that we know all the spots to see and eat ... so join us between BIKE FEST and the Moonlight Ride for some good times!

See you on two wheels in New London, Saturday, September 1st!

--Rob Bareiss

Stevil said:
Wow this came up quick. I'm gonna come over and show a few new bikes created this year.
Hope to see a few folks I haven't seen in a while :eek: .................Stevil

Hopefully this year Stevil will stay clear of THE LAW!

bikefest11stevil.jpg

:) :shock:

--Rob

Today's Weather Report:

Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 80. East wind around 13 mph.

Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. East wind 5 to 9 mph.

Sounds like a great day for Bike Fest! See you there!

--Rob

Were there any event pics taken yesterday? If so, please post.

Hope you all had a great time.

Latest posts

Back