RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D Obviously this isn't the final material for the Bake Off

As you can see, my BO13 shirt came in today.

index.php

Someone suggested doing something like this up front.
I think front skirts would take away from the springer fork and be overboard.
But I may have to try something flipped and skinnier/smaller as possible cover plate for the extended rockers.
We'll see.

I wouldn't put any on the front. Your using those as templates and using polished aluminum?

These are my Swanson TV dinner placeholders to test the concept. I am going to stay in the kitchen and order a 26" pizza pan to match the diameter of the tires.

shopping (5).jpg

That thar is one o' dem Al U mini-um type doodads. An, if'n ya gets hungry, just add chikin.

Or pepperoni (see above pic)

Looks like a great rider. I second (or third, or eighth) the metal seat pan idea. Slammed, of course.

Cool bike.

Looks like a great rider. I second (or third, or eighth) the metal seat pan idea. Slammed, of course.

Cool bike.

I'm with GuitarCarl on the bare metal seat pan. Ruff Cycles sells some super cool seats along those lines. Though I don't know about the comfort level.

I've done metal seatpans in BO7, BO8, and BO9 so I am not against that. I'll end up trying some options there.

This week I picked up a 31.6 to 27.2 seatpost shim and found a nice aluminum 27.2 in my stash. This opens up my seat mounting options a great deal. I do like the machined aluminum seatpost much better on the frame. I went ahead and semi mocked two of my PHAT Lepper uber springer saddles.

Sorry, but no seat will be "slammed" on this frame. This has such a short seat tube, it would almost be unridable slammed.

Here are a the two saddles semi mocked on Holeshot.

20180518_185432.jpg
20180518_190408.jpg

Maybe I should try this seat?
It doesn't have holes, but it does have spots.

leopard.jpg

Latest posts

Back