★★★ 7TH ANNUAL ART OF THE BICYCLE ★★★ WICHITA KANSAS ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throwing the dates out there now to give everyone a heads up!!! T-Shirt and Posters in process!!! Vintage Raffle Bike!!! Stunt rider through a wall of FIRE, Chicken Drop, Music, and much much more!!!

Bikeshow.jpg

If anyone would like to send art for the event to be hung and displayed and sold please PM me!!! If you have an awesome bike you would like to send and have put in the show please PM me!!!

Bicycle art on page done by ChromeMagman... Visit his website at: https://sites.google.com/site/thedesignmethod/bicycles

July 17th - Bicycles and bicycle art are due.
July 22nd - Show Opens.
July 29th - Final Friday. Raffle bike to be given away at 10:pm. Worlds Largest Bike Ride follows.
July 30th - Swap Meet in the am. $10 booth fee.
August 5th - Show Closes.

All events at the Go Away Garage 508 S Commerce, Wichita, KS.

road_kandy_2010.jpg

This beautiful bicycle built by Road Kandy was the winner of the 2010 Grand National Roadster Show. It will be the featured bike at this years Art Of The Bicycle. Attend the show and see this beautiful bike in person.

First time in 5 years I'm not contributing in any way. No bike in the show and I will be out of town and can't help with the set up. We'll be attending though on Final Friday. One of our bike related highlights of the year. A classy (well as classy as we get) event. If it wasn't so hot I'd rent a tuxedo to wear.

What else is going on down there? All I could find on the Wichita tourism website is some clown festival and a high school track meet.

loudboys said:
What else is going on down there? All I could find on the Wichita tourism website is some clown festival and a high school track meet.

Some are staying in wichita for the Salina Car show.... big thing!!! Lots come from far and wide to check it out.... That and I was able to get alot of out of state people to come to the bike show.... Big doins this year!!!!

loudboys said:
Got a room! Now all I have to do is finish the Golden Submarine so I can bring it down. Superleggera will be there, too.

Awsome!!! Lookin 4ward to seeing ya.... Was a good time at opening last night!!! Lots of people showed up for it!!! Gonna be a blast Friday!!! 8)

loudboys said:
What time are folks meeting up on Friday? Also, is there anyplace cool to eat dinner in the neighborhood?

I will be there all day friday... Show starts at 7 but lots will show up hours before to hang out....

http://www.anchorwichita.com/ <<------- This place is close to the show... Great eats!!

Stopped by the GoAway Garage today, but didn't really look over the show that much. I just wanted to get some pics of the Fat Rat. I want to see the show just like the estimated 1500 to 2000 people who are expected to come through the show see it. Should be a great time.

dangratsdan said:
I want to see the show just like the estimated 1500 to 2000 people who are expected to come through the show see it. Should be a great time.
That's what I'll be doing this year. Pretty exited.
Thanks Dave for putting together this years show. As much as I have enjoyed being involved in the show it was nice for a change not to be.

aka_locojoe said:
dangratsdan said:
I want to see the show just like the estimated 1500 to 2000 people who are expected to come through the show see it. Should be a great time.
That's what I'll be doing this year. Pretty exited.
Thanks Dave for putting together this years show. As much as I have enjoyed being involved in the show it was nice for a change not to be.

It has been an experience!!! Should be a great show... Lots of stuff not normaly at the show... Diff selection of bikes and a great amount of art work... We have people from Tulsa, South Dakota.. etc who have put stuff in the show!!! Looking forward to seeing everybody.... 8)

Well, my build-off bike isn't ready, so I'll be bringing my old Higgins (the Sportliner). Just got back from lunch break and loading two 50 year old bikes on my 20 year old car.

65rat said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Ill be burning a few dogs on the Bicycle grill, free to all the RRB homies (while they last) :D
Ye Ha. I hope we make it back from Salina in time for some free wieners.

Always a good time when free weiners are involved.... COOLEST day of the month.. temp wise and culture wise.... Do not miss out on this show!!!! Raffle bike just got two new tubes... all cleaned up and now comes with origional owners manual!!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back