★★★1941★★★FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1941 is probably my favorite year in History. 1941 is the end of an era. '41 is the last year of production for the Colson bicycle. Although they had a run from 1949-53 before combining with Evans...the cheaper visions could not compare to the over the top "Colsons" of the late 30's and 40-41. In my opinion the two best bicycles every build would be the Clipper and Bullnose. Built from the same frame, the Clipper and Bullnose have several key differences in how they were build, the tank being the most prominent. After a long hunt, I know own both the Goodyear Clipper and the Firestone Cruiser.

Not sure of my plans for this one yet...Probably nothing too crazy. That crusty house paint has got to go.

Possibly bare metal. I'd like to find a ton of prewar accessories to load it down with. All the bells and whistles!

3333_zpse950aa63.jpg

fsc_zpsfd2ac8f7.jpg

fsc3_zpsfa97f6bf.jpg

fsc2_zps425bca53.jpg

fsc4_zpsbae450e0.jpg

fsc5_zps135fa417.jpg

Love that bike as it sits, but I know that you will do it justice!!!

Here we go again .....rootin for you my "Ten cent friend !

~RafaeL~

Considering most of my parts are already attached to the bike...I don't have a big parts pile for this project. I do have these. Nice OG jewel coke bottle grips!

avepusub.jpg

a7ytyny8.jpg

Here is the Clipper. My plan is to get the bullnose as nice as this one.

edupeme6.jpg

cant wait to start on my build off bike

Nice preview and inspiration photos. Neat bike as it sits.

Latest posts

Back