☆★☆ "BIG JIM" ☆★☆ RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE.)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆ "BIG JIM" ☆★☆ RRB BO#8. FINISHED!

Funkme said:
I was wondering does it even fit into a bicycle catagory??? :mrgreen: That thang is massive. :shock:MONSTER BIKE :shock: Well done Luke.Has been a excellent build from the start to finish...
I see lots of goodies in that barn... :wink:
Thanks Funk! You are right, it is a massive bike, probably wont do one in this scale again, already sick of disassembly and reassembly just to take it for pictures... :roll:
That barn is awesome! Everything in there was used at one time on the family's farm, going back many generations...

kingfish254 said:
Next year, I want to see a Tall Bike version of this. :mrgreen:
:shock: Not going to happen! Tall bike? Maybe... Massive car tires on a tall bike? No! I value my life too highly... :wink:

pkh1974 said:
Absolutely amazing! Super cool bike. I wanna ride it :)
:D Exactly the response I hoped the bike would bring! Thanks PHK!

jats said:
Wow Luke this really is incredible!! very nice job :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 8) 8) 8)

Troy
Thanks Troy, and thanks for your encouragement and enthusiasm through the whole build!

geech34-2nd said:
Lot of welding, lot of fun----well done
Thanks Geech!

MplsCoaster said:
Can't believe I missed your final work, :oops: WELL DONE!!
Really like the way it's such a huge bike but you built it to have a lightness
The orange wheels really pop! The fat tires are awesome! Great stance 8) 8)
Thanks Steve! Those wheels look amazing in the photos, they look not quite that good in real life but very happy with how it all came out!

Tater said:
Luke, that build is nugginfutz. :shock: 8)

Let's see it jump something or some downhill action and don't forget to post some pics over on the Weight Weenies Forum. :lol:
Thanks Tater! I would love to see their faces when they read that post!!! :lol:

Got some videos today, even tried to get a Klunker slide shot for a laugh, but the brake still needs more adjusting and bedding in, so is not up to skidding that huge rear tire at the moment (thinking about a switch to hydraulic) and I was too worried about getting seriously maimed in the process, still made for a good video! :lol:

I will post them up to YouTube later on tonight...

Luke.

Re: ☆★☆ "BIG JIM" ☆★☆ BO#8. FINISHED! +NEW PICS AND VIDEOS UP!

LukeTheJoker said:
Edit: Video links below!

Car-park figure 8's (rideabilty evidence!): http://youtu.be/IWiLRD4-SNo

Klunker slide attempt, before I realised that the brake would not lock the back wheel and I didn't want to spend the night in hospital!: http://youtu.be/jD4ielS6Ncc

Downhill on dirt. i.e. "I want to get off!": http://youtu.be/K-SQA6jZPrQ

Father-In-Law complains about length: http://youtu.be/2NS9DJf3IF8

Luke.

Those videos are freaking awesome!!!

Way to go Luke! Funny how our builds were so far apart but both need Videos to show them working. I really liked seeing your turns on it as the wheels/tires lift on the edge. And your a big dude, that bike really fits you.

That last video with your Father-in-Law cracked me up. :lol:

I love this whacky cool Australian monster stretch cruiser. :mrgreen:

I dont even know where to start with this, oh thats right, I want to ride it!!!!

Luke, that thing is the most ridiculously cool & original bike build I think I've ever seen! I now to you sir! Well done!!! 8) 8)

kingfish254 said:
Those videos are freaking awesome!!!
Thanks King!

frameteam2003 said:
Way to go Luke! Funny how our builds were so far apart but both need Videos to show them working. I really liked seeing your turns on it as the wheels/tires lift on the edge. And your a big dude, that bike really fits you.
Thanks Frameteam! Just love your build, pretty sure one of my votes is heading your way, yours is the bike I want the most!

Rat Rod said:
That last video with your Father-in-Law cracked me up. :lol:

I love this whacky cool Australian monster stretch cruiser. :mrgreen:
:D Thanks RatRod! Possibiltiy of a RRBFB bike of the day after the build-off? hint, hint??? :lol:

Jz5811 said:
I dont even know where to start with this, oh thats right, I want to ride it!!!!
:lol: Awesome!

Chips_Mahoy said:
Luke, that thing is the most ridiculously cool & original bike build I think I've ever seen! I now to you sir! Well done!!! 8) 8)
Thanks Chips! :D

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Luke.

Turned out very nice, fat tires is where its at.

love it nice job wow

This thing is totally AMAZING!

:shock: + 8) = :mrgreen:

Luke!!!!! Pm me for shipping instructions! I understand that you can not include steaks but that is ok! I await your reply as this matter is time sensitive. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bank of Jats
PH: 867-5309

You got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such an insane build, from how you did it to the actual finished bike! True devotion to the Build Off!! I keep thinking "of course an Aussie would put the chain on the wrong side." I could never get used to the light switches and the car wipers/turn signals being backwards during my visit.

jats said:
Luke!!!!! Pm me for shipping instructions! I understand that you can not include steaks but that is ok! I await your reply as this matter is time sensitive. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bank of Jats
PH: 867-5309

You got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Jats! :lol:

Machine Age Victim said:
Such an insane build, from how you did it to the actual finished bike! True devotion to the Build Off!! I keep thinking "of course an Aussie would put the chain on the wrong side." I could never get used to the light switches and the car wipers/turn signals being backwards during my visit.
Upside down and back the front, if I could have made it ride on the ceiling I would have! :wink:

Luke.

That thing is beyond awesome....

One question, have you thought about possibly mounting disc brakes on it? duals in the front of course.

Latest posts

Back