RRBBO13 ♠♣♦♥'SIMPATICO'♥♦♣♠

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there funk . I have countless hours in my rear hinged fender on the skylark & I have no disk breaks . Lol I wish we were getting paid by the hour [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:rofl:We would all be rich by now,and be able to build n ride all day long,everyday....

I hate days like that! At least you did eventually figure it out.
If only I had set up a camera...
From touching hot parts,to soldering slag dropping on my foot. The bike falling over... Hysterical I really felt 3rd world....

A dirty shot.
Nothing stays clean for long here...
We have the Meltemi winds.now.
Meltemia (Greek: μελτέμια; pl. of μελτέμι meltemi)- are the strong, dry north winds of the Aegean Sea, which blow from about mid-July to mid-September.
They are at their strongest in the afternoon and often die down at night, but sometimes meltemi winds last for days without a break.
Meltemi winds are dangerous to sailors because they come up in clear weather without warning and can blow at 7–8 Beaufort.
39096428_1779016808873228_3431133099419762688_n.jpg

39118145_1895142824115074_4256020167487651840_n.jpg

39020346_1084969451668881_5231177824731136000_n.jpg

38934612_275916906538347_4364630875267137536_n.jpg

Any tips on painting gold strips?
black bike is just a black bike... but black bike with gold strips make vintage look.

black bike is just a black bike... but black bike with gold strips make vintage look.
You can buy gold car striping from ebay it sticks to the paint and then you can varnish. I used resin to seal the paint in.

Last edited:
I was sanding a lot of brass once I saved the filings. I put the filings in a salt shaker, masked off the area I wanted gold. Then I sprayed clear enamel, sprinkled the brass powder on it, then sprayed clear again. It looks pretty cool, but I might be a little bit crazy

I used Finesse Pinstriping tape, which is a masking tape that comes in different sizes, spacings, and number of stripes.

Striping tape.... Useless keyboard...
Comes in different sizes,and for the thin one 2mm I take a double line 4mm and 2mm(cut in half).
1.0x0.jpg

This german company has pinstriping tape down to 1mm width and lots of waterslide decals. But I don't know if they ship outside europe
http://www.abziehbilderservice.de

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
I imagined guy with little brush and steady hand... but tape is the way to go.

My hand is not that steady. Taping is much faster,but it is better to heat the bends a little,so they sit down properly.

You can buy "fineline" masking tape at most automotive paint stores, available in many different widths, @Funkme's suggestion of heating it in the corners is a good one, I had trouble with them lifting slightly.

I used it on BigJim, would have worked well if I had a couple of days to let the paint set, I didn't though, so it was all done in one afternoon and some bits lifted:

CAM00312.jpg

I started a thread under "How To" on pinstriping techniques if anyone wants to add their methods.

That vid showing the guy hand-striping Royal Enfield tanks tho...! That's skill!
Wonder how many tanks he got through striping like that before he made it look that easy? Bet there's a scrap-heap-sized pile of wonkily-striped tanks somewhere just out of shot in the apprentice liner's department...lol.

That vid showing the guy hand-striping Royal Enfield tanks tho...! That's skill!
Wonder how many tanks he got through striping like that before he made it look that easy? Bet there's a scrap-heap-sized pile of wonkily-striped tanks somewhere just out of shot in the apprentice liner's department...lol.

I often think about this when I look at the faded double box pinstripes on my 1912 Iver Johnson as that was done by hand, but that guy's striping on a compound curved surface with some dude jabbering away next to him. And they're probably paying him next to nothing.

I have Royal Enfield built in India... its really great paint job.

My grandfather was a oldschool grafic designer and book maker. in a "best" times of communism/soviet occupation in Poland he couldnt get lined notebooks for kids for school so he hand made them. draving all the lines with his hand - with no ruler as it was faster for him that way...

Latest posts

Back