10 years of excellence

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Someone mentioned something about having a vote of all the best bikes over the past ten build offs.
I'm thinking that would be a cool concept,so here's what I'm thinking.

Create a voting poll of the top three from all 10 build offs,and let everyone have one vote to pick their favorite. I know it would be a tough decision and might create some angst but it truly has been a decade of excellence.

I don't know who had the idea first,but if it's you stake claim if you like.

I'm thinking it would be a cool vote,one week to mull it over just like always. No prize thread or anything,only prize is knowing your bike was voted best of the decade. I may be over stepping being the new guy here,but it's just me thinking out loud so to speak.
If I knew how to create a voting poll I'd go through the archives and set it up myself.

If this is a bad idea,I'm sure y'all will let me know. I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anything sticks.

Special props to whoever brought up the idea to begin with, I swear if I slept more than 4 or 5 hours a day my mind would settle.

Someone mentioned something about having a vote of all the best bikes over the past ten build offs.
I'm thinking that would be a cool concept,so here's what I'm thinking.

Create a voting poll of the top three from all 10 build offs,and let everyone have one vote to pick their favorite. I know it would be a tough decision and might create some angst but it truly has been a decade of excellence.

I don't know who had the idea first,but if it's you stake claim if you like.

I'm thinking it would be a cool vote,one week to mull it over just like always. No prize thread or anything,only prize is knowing your bike was voted best of the decade. I may be over stepping being the new guy here,but it's just me thinking out loud so to speak.
If I knew how to create a voting poll I'd go through the archives and set it up myself.

If this is a bad idea,I'm sure y'all will let me know. I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anything sticks.

Special props to whoever brought up the idea to begin with, I swear if I slept more than 4 or 5 hours a day my mind would settle.
Pretty easy to start a poll, when you are starting a new thread if you scroll down the page a little you will see the poll creation options... ;)

Luke.

If we did do that I kind of liked the idea macncheese had about next year voting

I think it should be a 64 bike march madness, bracket style competition.

macncheese

we could take the top 10 from each year of voting except BO 8 since we had two categories
from BO 8 we take only the top 5 from each category
so that would give us 100 total
then each week we have a head to head build off vote
that way every one has time to look at the old build threads
eventually working our way to the top rat

Well it looks like I'll have to go through the archives. I better get a notebook.

If we did do that I kind of liked the idea macncheese had about next year voting

we could take the top 10 from each year of voting except BO 8 since we had two categories
from BO 8 we take only the top 5 from each category
so that would give us 100 total
then each week we have a head to head build off vote
that way every one has time to look at the old build threads
eventually working our way to the top rat

Might have my work cut out for me. This will take a while for me to get everything set up.
There's a build off starting soon and I don't want to confuse anyone with voting during a build off,but with the build offs close together there would have to be some overlap.

Any ideas on when a vote of this magnitude should start?

It's a consideration, I figure it's been 10 years of build offs it might be cool. I'll wait a bit and see what the general consensus is,in the mean time I'll just look through the builds and see what's what.
Between work and school starting back up in a couple weeks I'll be pretty busy,add on the possibility I might do the muscle bike build off; well I guess it's a good thing I only sleep a few hours a day.:crazy2:

It'd be great to see all the bikes compiled. Top ten from each bo, then top ten of those. Would be interesting if anything to see how it jostles out. Going thru the build thread would be too tedious I think, so maybe the finished bike pic link would suffice. This might select the bikes for the next calendar!!

Putting all the top bikes together in some sort of organized format would make an excellent coffee table book. Especially if you could include some shop scenes and interviews with the builders...

As far as a vote, I dunno.. but it would be a good way to honor the builders from past years.

Yea,
Its kind of a tedious process,starting to wonder why I mentioned it to be honest. Between school and work there isn't much time.
I might pull something together eventually.

I think the concept is cool, Falstaff. And I like DJ Bill's idea of a coffee table book. Maybe an on-line version....with live video interviews of builders...? And / or segments they have produced themselves. It would be a big project, maybe one to be revealed right before next year's Summer BO-Eleven? "Mine Goes Up to Eleven"...title...? :giggle:

That would definitely be a big job,specially for someone with limited computer skills and no computer like myself.
But it could be cool.

Latest posts

Back