??????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funkimoto??????
Has that been suggested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I can pull this off,but will attempt it. Still have to come up with a name. There is only one pic of this bike on the internet with NO info on it. So I just want to re-build one the same/similar for history purposes. The names I have came up with is "1890's Something" (guessing around the year it was originaly built)or "Piggyback"(a copy,riding on someone elses's design).

All I know is that this bike was built in late 1880's or 1890's when the first pnuematic tires were made. The photo was taken in Plymouth England. Some say it is where the first slingshot bicycle design comes from??? This will have no moving parts/flex.(dont trust myself for that yet)
View attachment 68583
Wow, early slingshot ftame. Nothing's new.

Wow, early slingshot ftame. Nothing's new.
Actually it does not move at all. After doing more research,when they started to use more bars for added safety,they were actually bolted on. They used steel rods and attached with bolts.

You could still keep the back triangle rigid with the rod-style stays, and design a rigid hinge at the Seat tube/Top tube junction, and run a Slingshot-style cable/spring combo instead of a rigid down-rod for some cush. I like the industrial look of the rods.

I have been so busy with work,both bikes are sitting idol...
Trying to finish this week and spend a whole week just on these builds to get done.... Never seem to have enough time for my building anymore...

Thanks, I didn't know that. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Neither did I,someone assumed it was a early slingshot style,I went with it also... Then started taking a closer look.

antique bike 3[1].JPG

Latest posts

Back