1917 Iver Johnson

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been messing with this one for a few years, just got this Major Taylor stem. It has new alloy rims laced to old Morrow skiptooth hubs. Runs light and quick. I do think I will put a long spring saddle on it, doesn't look balanced to me just yet.

Are the front rods original to this bike ?
The one I have has a troxel saddle & was thinking of replacing the
wood rim wheels with modern components to ride it.

Last edited:
Are the front rods original to this bike ?
The one I have has a troxel saddle & was thinking of replacing the
wood rim wheels with modern components to ride it.
No, I added the truss rods, they are from an Iver motorbike style frame. My research says the truss frame never came with truss rods. I just like em.
I recommend swapping for modern wheels. Keep the old ones, but ride the new ones.

No, I added the truss rods, they are from an Iver motorbike style frame. My research says the truss frame never came with truss rods. I just like em.
I recommend swapping for modern wheels. Keep the old ones, but ride the new ones.

Tailhole...
This mutt (2jakes) thinks the rods are super
cool !
I've got a set of rods which I will be adding
soon !
" Iver Johnson Owners Ride On "

Magnets on the wrench?

Carl.
Yes, 3/8" square rare earth magnets. Been hanging wrenches like this for several years and haven't lost a wrench yet (or even had one come loose at all). Smaller magents won't work. 3/8" rare earth at a minimum (and you'll need 2 for a 5 1/2" bike wrench).

Last edited:
I really like your Iver Johnson bike. What is the stand over height? It looks suited for a tall rider. I would like to find an old Iver Johnson (suspension bridge) frame like that.

Very cool bike, bet it would look cool with white tires to, that's probably what it came with, nice job.

It's actually a small to medium frame. I'm not sure what the stand over is though. It feels light a very responsive. It's a blast to ride.

sweet bike. The long springs do compensate for the skinny-ness of the seat post.

I guess. It's not one of those really skinny ones. It's the same as on a cruiser, like 7/8 or something.

Latest posts

Back