1933' Colson Moto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This badge would work. I will check on the screw hole dist. PF...thanks for keeping an eye out! I also have a correct moto-rack in the works as well. Great to get the crankset. Fenders I will get to next week, and perhaps within the month, I can get it all together. Thanks for the help!..

Last edited:
flyer8.JPG

Oh man she's lookin good :inlove:

I'm really digging on this bike, well done.
This is originally a 26" wheel bike, correct? 559 ISO?
What size tires are on the modern wheel set?

Thank you GTV. Yes, it is a 26," 45mm wide Lobdel clincher bike. From of what I understand, one of the 1st 26" balloon wheeled frame which for years also ran 28" hoops. Many motobike frames from other makers continued with 28" through the late 30's.. Tires are Hutchinson 565gram folding 26x2.25's on DT Swiss 559 rims. The original 26" Lobdell rims are 3/16" taller in diameter than modern 26" rims when compared side by side.

Last edited:
she's lookin good :cool2:

For the most part, this bike is finished. I wanted to make a final post regarding what I started here. It took so very long because of the difficulty in getting the original wheels done and sourcing the missing correct pieces. Today, it needs only two or three easy-to-find parts to be officially "complete", but for the most part it is done.
It runs quietly, cleanly, and is a joy to ride.
IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

Latest posts

Back