1937 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I never "find" anything... it's more like I am the bagholder after 2 or 3 speculators have flipped a bike until it is full retail ++... But I did find this at a swap meet in Tucson. That rear fender will be a test of my skills :shock:

1353217943.jpg

1353219029.jpg

1353219020.jpg

1353217436.jpg

1353217923.jpg

1353217452.jpg

1353217449.jpg

Nice find. I like the straight down tube on the older frames. My oldest Schwinn ballooner find was a '39 girls. Gary

Sweet, save that puppy from the horrible state it's in. Too bad the glass is missing from the reflector.Find something cool to stick in there.

Those fenders are probably worth trying to have rolled out by someone with a machine. Even if they're too far gone... if the braces have a divet in them for a wire to run under them, they're worth something themselves.

skoda said:
.... if the braces have a divet in them for a wire to run under them, they're worth something themselves.

I'll look; but I have no idea what you're talking about!

That looks great! Good thing you have the gallon jug of the PB Blaster!
Ouch on the rear fender. Give it time. Hopefully you can give it some love.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Nice bike, but is that a Rivi' in the background?

1966 Buick Riviera. My daily driver: everybody loves it, even non-car-conscious people.... real strong contender for best old car I ever had... People give it the thumbs-up in traffic... Even my 17 year old daughter wants it! :shock:

dougfisk said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Nice bike, but is that a Rivi' in the background?

1966 Buick Riviera. My daily driver: everybody loves it, even non-car-conscious people.... real strong contender for best old car I ever had... People give it the thumbs-up in traffic... Even my 17 year old daughter wants it! :shock:

That's a smart girl! I've got a 15 y/o son that might want to meet her... :wink:

Nice bike! I was considering going down to the Tucson swap but I already had too much going on last weekend. If I did, I would have picked that up for sure!
Whereabouts are you located? I'm at 7th Ave & Indian School. There isn't nearly enough guys into old bikes around here.

dougfisk said:
skoda said:
.... if the braces have a divet in them for a wire to run under them, they're worth something themselves.

I'll look; but I have no idea what you're talking about!

supposedly there is a little hump for a wire to run through on some of the fender braces on Auto/Aero cycles, some Motorbikes that make them particularly rare. It was there for lights - I don't know if this is actually true.

Latest posts

Back