1939 Hawthorne Comet #3 - El Torreon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second year in a row bringing this model home, brings me up to 3 total in my collection. 1939 Hawtorne Comet. Kansas City must have had a lot of these rolling around! This is the fourth one I have owned. Going to borrow the truss rod bracket for a nicer bike while I work this one over. Everything seems to be salvageable but the tires. Bars and neck are off now. Probably ditching the fenders.

CIMG1632.jpg

Post SOS pad and water.
CIMG1633.jpg

CIMG1634.jpg
CIMG1636.jpg

Nice patina! :D I see a nice boardtracker with creme Quick Bricks in the future :wink:

nice score,Skoda.Folks,this is the pre-war Hawthorne I didn't commit to right away (see my comments on the El Torreon thread in the Events forum) and Skoda scored.This is the kind of stuff you'll find at the El Torreon Swap on a regular basis,year after year.Make plans to attend if this is the kind of KOOL STUFF your looking for! It's a no brainer.I know dos cruiser is already amping up for the 13th annual El Torreon for next year.Skoda,if you have several of these bikes maybe we could work a trade or something? PM me,buddy,if you want to...
Pappy 8)

Latest posts

Back