1941 Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Me and my Dad pick this up over the weekend if you have any info on it please let me know. I think it is a 1941 Western Flyer but that is all I know about it.

Rat Rod said:
how did you "pick this up?" :D
Usually just put them in the car after handing over a couple of Benjamins. :wink: :wink:

A very nice original bike. I like the yellow pinstriping.

I reserve “Totally Awesome” for very rare occasions but this bike is worthy of the phrase. It is a late 41 CWC produced Western Flyer, the best I have ever seen. The bike uses the fairly rare CWC “Tall Tank” straight-bar frame and tank which was their top-of-the line “A” series model and was only produced in 1941 and early 1942. In Roadmaster form it is also referred to in the Hobby as the “Feller bike for the period advertisements that featured endorsements by Bob Feller a famous player for the Cleveland Indians Baseball team.

I would guess it has a reasonably high “K” serial number as it has the 1942 paint scheme to the fenders (The dart color flows between the pinstripes instead of only forming only spade tips). The only thing I question is the braced drop stand. CWC used braced stands through 1937 but went to using a non-braced stand thereafter.

I would love to see more pictures of the bike!

What a score! I have the same Western Flyer minus the tank, light, rack, stand (basically all the fun stuff) though mine did come with a lot more rust! Rms37 helped me identify mine and since I have only seen pics of two others, I will second his request for more pictures. Great bike!

We got it from your friends house in dayton. also got the Dial your ride fork from him to just missing the chrome housing.

Latest posts

Back