1945 Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:39: At first I had no idea what that meant .. Then I googled it. You are correct Kingfish!
That is exactly what was inside ( never heard of it referred as that )
It was full of partially digested spiders, flies , and whatnots... Plus decomposed acorns and such. The crank wouldn't turn cause the chain was somewhat stiff in conjunction with the jam packed massacre sight

What else do you call those wasps that build their nests out of dirt? I have always called them dirt dobbers or mud dobbers.
Maybe you should change the name to Dirt Dobber? :D

I've always just called them wicked mud wasps ( maybe it's cuz I'm a life long New Englander .. I dunno :cool: )

:crazy:

7/2/14

Finally a day off from work.:41:

Today's inspiration from 2 great automotive legends ....

I wanted to pretty up my ugly welds and didn't want to just use boring plastic filler. I felt a more appropriate technique to try for my first time ever ....... the lost art of leading ...... ( at least my interpretation of it anyways ;) )

My weapons of choice

I needed a wooden paddle thingy to spread it out.... My wire brush bristles were all out of whack and curled over the sides.... So I improvised and yanked all the bristles out.....
It made a bad wire brush , but a great paddle o_O

Tore down to the bare frame , dragged out my handy dandy jig , and got to work....

It's a very slow process... Lots and lots of patience and filing is required. ( I am super patient thankfully )
I still have some more to do yet..... Today was an extremely humid day , 4 or so hours was plenty of fun time outdoors.

Stay tuned... :crazy:

Brought back memories, of working in one particular auto body shop, in the sixties. We occasionally would get a few "older" customers that wanted lead used, in stead of bondo. As soon as they dropped the car off we did the work in bondo and primed it. If the customer came in to check his car, we had a coffee can of lead shavings that we would spread on the floor......Always worked (wasn't my idea, I just worked there :rolleyes:).

I just use cold weld your = to JB weld... But on the hawthorne I kept welding and grinding and welding,until I accomplished the shape I wanted,took me all day,but I had a grin in the end...I did try it with lead,but couldn't get it to stay....

7/5/14

I got a few hours of lead " body work " done before work today. Still some more left to go before its complete. It's really shaping up nicely :cool:.....

" What girls bike? ;) "......

Where I left off....

More fluxing , brushing, torching , melting , smooshing , grinding , filing .... All while cranking some oldies :crazy:

At least today was tons less muggy.... It's actually perfect weather, nice breeze..... Too bad I have to go work now :rolleyes:

Stay tuned.... :crazy:

lots of lovely work, we're using the same tools part from those magnetic tube holding thingies i need a pair of those. Looks ace so far:)

Thanks everyone for the great comments :)

I am absolutely floored :confused:.... A million hours of work so far , and still , I cannot think of a fitting name for this badboy.....:39:

To date , I've never put so much work into something that hasn't
" spoken " to me :acute:

Hopefully I get a day off soon to get my tinker on :whistle:

Thanks everyone for the great comments :)

I am absolutely floored :confused:.... A million hours of work so far , and still , I cannot think of a fitting name for this badboy.....:39:

To date , I've never put so much work into something that hasn't
" spoken " to me :acute:

Hopefully I get a day off soon to get my tinker on :whistle:
Oh, it's spoken to ya.....You just haven't been listening!..Whatcha gonna do?

Well, it's not really a Zep frame, but with all of the Lead work you did, how about Lead Zep?

The symbol for Lead is Pb, so how about Pb Blaster?

Call it what you will, I call it COOL!

Latest posts

Back