1950 something jc higgins custom "THE HIGGINS"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
hey thanks and next time you come in wait so that i can get you what you need i swear even as simple as cruisers are at least to me my co workers just cant get it sometimes.
Oh wow, I just reread that and I just meant that I said in this thread before that I might go in and buy some 27s, but then bought these wheels.

hey karfer......just so you know.....when i posted this bike as one of my favs. i think everyone thought it was mine and i got FLOODED with mail asking me about it :mrgreen: guess im not the only that likes it!

lol i was truly flattered that you chose one of my bikes as your faves. i would say the higgins is my fave bike too. as i have said to you every bike i have built since then has been built to try and top it and nothing else has. yea some have been cooler in other respects but this bike has it all. i guess as the old saying goes "sometimes you just get it right the first time."

oh yes i took her out today for a short ride and i swear the more i ride this bike the better it gets. the looks i get while ridding it are priceless. drop bar cruisers are my fave design by far. and sensor you still have a ton of time to line something up i dont want to hear it and heck yea i want to take her for a spin. oh yea when you going to get your caddy back on the road?

i know how you feel i am real close to pulling my 67 vw beetle out of moth balls. well try to get it going again before the hooligans car show on may 10th. thanks again to all who dig this bike this truly is the kustom that got the ball rolling and it is still my best work.

Dude, I know this is a really old post but, this bike is the whole reason for my sickness. I saw this on another site and I hunted and hunted. As a matter of fact I sent you a message on undergroundbikes asking about the build. To which you replied and sent me here. Well here I am. This bike is so cool, I love the beefy forks and fat tires. I told my 13 year old I would rebuild his cruiser to look like kind of like this. Doing this "for the children" gets me the green light to start another project. :mrgreen:

thanks for bringing this bike back. oh and it took second place in rat rod at the sacramento autorama BIKE 0 RAMA show. i think after that one i will more or less retire her from show duity other than a display bike. i built this bike ummmm wow almost 5 years ago now and is still the best bike i have ever done. glad to see you guys still think it is cool.

if you have a mid weight frame and your trying to stuff 24x3 tires in it like what were used on this bike you might have your work cut out for you. but it is nothing a little bit of hammer and torch could not work out :D

theres not to many bikes that have been built years before and will still draw a good stare...but this one always does :mrgreen:
kinda makes me sad to know she wont be at the shows anymore....

oh come on i might still bring her out for displays but she needs a good going through but part of me just wants to leave the higgins as she is now. i am sort of at a cross roads maybe i need to find another higgins frame like this one.

no problem greg i take the higgins out regularly on rides out in galt and it is funny the looks it gets. this is a little cow town so custom bicycles are not the norm. i love it when harley guys roll by me the other way and do the hand out the side and i do it back. just does not get cooler than that

You know karfer... I said it before and I'll say it again "this bike screams toughness in the face of every other bike on the road...."

....you made this post 2 1/2 years ago and every time I log on even when its been months in between its always near the top of the page....
tht has to mean something... like dang man, I think you got it right!

curious... you having a ride on the fourth of July by chance? I'll be in the area that weekend....

i dont have anything planned but we can if you want. maybe something out at my house in galt which is down the road from sacramento. as for the higgins thanks it means a lot to me and yea this was the bike that put me on the map i guess. it is still my best bike both because it looks cool and rides so well. thanks again

Latest posts

Back