1970s Stratostreak II video update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

Time-lapse of the tear down. I recommend putting your favorite music on before pushing play.

Alright I didn't have time to post an actual description for this project, so I'll do it now. This is a 1970s Austrian built Stratostreak II I've had it for a bit tried to sell it. Ended up deciding to refurbish it and give it away for free on my Instagram as a thank you for the people that fallow me.

As of right now I plan on just cleaning the bike up and to repack the bearings.

Cool project with an even better purpose!

That's the first one of those I've ever seen, Scribs. Looks like a wild bike! Glad you could join us for the MBBO.

RaT oN~!

Cool project with an even better purpose!

That's the first one of those I've ever seen, Scribs. Looks like a wild bike! Glad you could join us for the MBBO.

RaT oN~!

Thanks OddJob, figured I'd join in on the fun since the MBBO's are so small. I find the smaller comps more fun easier to keep track of the builds.

20181117_172811.jpg

Well clean up went well also got the headset repacked.

Good idea not to mess with cottered cranks :D
If i were you i'd just cut the top of the fork main tube and weld the new top with the good thread on top, to still be able to use that.

I'd love to if I knew how to weld or had somebody that would do it for me. With how the Fork attaches I don't think it's ever going to fall off, I'll have to do testing before I decide to give it away. Last thing I want is to give away something that will harm somebody.

DoWN to the WiRe ~! Hope to see you cross the "Finished " line ! RaT oN~!

DoWN to the WiRe ~! Hope to see you cross the "Finished " line ! RaT oN~!

I got hit with a bad cold front just could not work in my garage, I would lose all the feeling in my hands and feet in 5 minutes.

I got hit with a bad cold front just could not work in my garage, I would lose all the feeling in my hands and feet in 5 minutes.
Understand that! the weather is crazy at the moment, killed my build too!

Yeah, nearly the whole continent has been colder than normal. Pick it up again when the temps rise, Scribbs!

Latest posts

Back