1980 Huffy Pro Thunder BMX - FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1980 Huffy Pro Thunder BMX

Rat Rod said:
I too had the exact same bike, but mine had yellow mags and blue MX tires.

yours was a pro 4 ? I am almost done with the one I got off unchained, I just gotta get the flat black blasted off the mags and put it all together.. :mrgreen:
wmfoys1.jpg

tanksalot said:
This is a neat thread cheep cool old school bmx. I just a Huffy pro thunder in Blue with a factory 2 speed troddle shift & factory Araya rims & alloy brakes .. For 2 bucks at a yard sale !!
Ill post a pic when I get a chance.

That blue 2 speed Pro Thunder Z2 was the bike that I had when I was around 13 or so.

1982_huffy_pro_thunder_z2_speed_1_copy0_blowup.jpg

1980 Huffy Pro Thunder BMX

scrumblero said:
Rat Rod said:
I too had the exact same bike, but mine had yellow mags and blue MX tires.

yours was a pro 4 ? I am almost done with the one I got off unchained, I just gotta get the flat black blasted off the mags and put it all together.. :mrgreen:
wmfoys1.jpg

That's it! :)

Those are going to look awesome.

The blue version above on the 2 speed show that they would be period correct.

tanksalot said:
This is a neat thread cheep cool old school bmx. I just bought a Huffy pro thunder in Blue with a factory 2 speed troddle shift & factory Araya rims & alloy brakes .. For 2 bucks at a yard sale !!
Ill post a pic when I get a chance.

Tom, you are MUCH to tall for such a small bike. It would probably be better suited for someone no taller than 5'5" or so...do ya know anyone like that who is into old school BMX? :wink: :mrgreen:

Wow to the Nos Bike !! :shock: I didnt expect to see that ... Yes thats the bike Im missing the bar pad other than that it seems complete & the rims & tires are blue on mine.I know Im to tall but its fun to ride & its well worth the two dollars I paid for it :D If I sold every bike I was to tall for heck Id be able to put the car in the garage... :D

Latest posts

Back