1982 Schwinn Catalog Funny Quotes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I love Schwinns and most of my bikes are Schwinns but while looking through the 1982 catalog I found some funny stuff. Mostly typos but this pitch for the Continental with the heavy electro forged frame is hilarious and kind of sad at the same time. Typo is from the catalog also.

Now in its 22nd year, Schwinn's Continental is onyl six pounds heavier than the typical 30-pound sport bike.

"Only 6 lbs heavier":21:

They had some cool road bikes in '82 though. Would love to have a Voyager or Superior. Here's a typo describing the Paramount.

The Schwinn Paramount is custome designed bicycle. More than 1,000 options in frame and componently are offered. Because of spcae limitations, we have not listed all available components here.

Probably some other good ones in there. If anybody sees a good one post it up.

Now in its 22nd year, Schwinn's Continental is onyl six pounds heavier than the typical 30-pound sport bike.

"Only 6 lbs heavier":21:
Every statement in that blurb is funny. It isn't just that the Continental is only 6lbs heavier...it's that it it is only 6lbs heavier than other manufacturers heavy bikes :thumbsup:

Found another gem while looking at the 1980 Schwinn catalog. Another great pitch for the heavy "lightweight" Continental

Slightly heavier but stronger and more suitable for hard riding than 30-pound sport bicycles, the Continental is ideal for dependable service.

They should have added..."You can take it over some sweet jumps"....:21:

Only 6 pounds heavier? That's a 20% gain in weight. Kind of like your wife going from a trim 125 lbs to 150 lbs.

Latest posts

Back