20 inch rats (or customs) ~~~ Lets see em!

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will start it out with the first one I built for my grandson:

Next one was for RRBO7, I really had a lot of fun with this one! Never was much into 20" bikes until I had a grandson. I love my 26 inchers, but there is something about seeing a kid with a bike he thinks is really cool, that his grandpa built, that I hope he will never forget!

Apr 12, 2012
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Re: 20 inch rats ~~~ Lets see em!

Both bikes are excellent, especially the build-off bike! 8)

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

sensor: Both are awesome! 8) I like the look of the second one in bare metal. It's always more fun to build one for someone else ain't it?

Sep 21, 2006
Kansas
locojoe.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe more kustom then rat but built with a hodge-podge of different parts...

Mag Scrambler I first built up for the Kids Bike Build-Off.

Later re-did it for Grand-son.

Added banana seat and apes so I could ride it on 20 Inch Night at the Pub Pedal.

Western Flyer built for other Grand-son.

Then he wanted to paint it purple

Tandem a friend built for his kids who outgrew it. He gave it to my Grand-kids.

Swing bike

Western Flyer 26 inch fork.

Mar 4, 2008
Shoreline, CT
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I've built three for Boy

He and I worked on this one years ago. (it's my favorite build) It is completley apart right now and nearly ready for the green paint he requested. I should update tht build thread. Early 70's Stingray with schwinn 27" forks. crap handle bars and seat from the following bike.

I made him his own Airstream bike to ride with Daddy. crap chrome frame. handle bar seat post. assorted stuff laying around

Found this Electra Straight 8 for really cheap, and slowly morphed ot to this. big wide handle bars with the seat and sissy bar from the first bike.

Nov 3, 2010
Auburndale FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow those are sweet bikes, here is my 68 Stingray and some day I would like to have a Murray muscle bike or chopper by either buy one or trade this bike for it.

Reactions: kingfish254
Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

All of the above are awesome bikes! Looking at all these makes me really want to find an old purple stingray, I think mine was a 63 or 64, 2spd kickback! Loved that bike & put a lot of miles on it!

Thanks for posting the pics guys! Hope there are more to come. 8)

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Come on guys! I know there are more, I have seen them. We already have a lot of kool ones posted so far, but I know there are a bunch more 20's out there. Dig out the pics & post them!

May 6, 2009
just a wind on the road
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was about to write i have one, but i actually have a few. i tend not to think about the 20"-ers much since they're kinda to small to ride regularly.

this is the one i originally thought of. it has a 24" front though

a compleatly out of the blue deal from where i pretty much just stacked some frames on top of each other and liked what i saw

http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... ue+project

then two gravity bikes from the g-bike buildoff. i still have them together but they're like "side" side projects. they're not much fun without a decent hill

and last, this big mo. i just changed the seat and bars a few weeks back. haven't even test rode it yet

udallcustombikes

Aug 20, 2009
Derby, KS
www.facebook.com
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I forgot about this one. I built it for my nephew several years ago. He never mastered riding the long fork and it spent it's life outside. My ex-brother-in-law called me this morning to come get some bikes before he moved and now this on is back in my hands.

Reactions: patman73