24” pig

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mock up looks so good with those painted rims wide tires and patina on that frame that I would have to add a crank and chain then call it done!

Agreed!
That combo is planned for a project I’m currently assembling.

REALLY digging the look of this bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I have a few more parts I'm going to see if they work on this bike. The stem is still stuck in the fork really good. I need to get it out because the headset bearings feel pretty crunchy and the fork might need a bit of straightening. I've had it soaking in rust penetrating oil for a week now, and if it won't come out I'll take it to my friends shop so I can use his big vise and it should come apart. For now that is the hold up.

One step closer...
6E2F693A-2D69-48F8-A799-B3FF65C0381E.jpeg

Heat wrench. Put a torch on the nut and when it gets hot it'll expand. Grab it with a big wrench and twist it off. Doesn't have to be a cutting torch, a little propane plumbers handheld torch is plenty. Also when you drop it don't try to pick it back up. It'll be hot. :whew:

Carl.

So, what was the original color? Red or maroon?
I’m REALLY digging the finish from the amber shellac. It is a spray or brush on application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was red. There was a little in the bb when I took it apart that showed the original color. I think what red was left on the outside of the bike was the primer that hadn't rusted away. I just brushed it on. It's pretty thin and probably could be sprayed too. After some time the gloss knocks down a bit to more of an antique look. You can also easily touch it up.

Cool bike! I was kind of surprised that the tires would fit front and back.

Actually the rear fender brace was cut out buy the previous owner, he had 26" wheels on it .

Latest posts

Back