26" front wheel with 24" back wheel?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks really cool if you can pull it off.
I would use a cruiser frame to do it and maybe a fat tire for the back to really pull it off.
Skinny tire in front to give it that Harley sportster style look.
That is actually one of my favorite styles yet I've never built one.
I would like to see them as well.
Sean

That's actually my plan since I have a front 26" wheel and tire off a cruiser but I have a 24" cruiser frame. The springer fork im wanting is black and for a 26" wheel.

That looks really cool if you can pull it off.
I would use a cruiser frame to do it and maybe a fat tire for the back to really pull it off.
Skinny tire in front to give it that Harley sportster style look.
That is actually one of my favorite styles yet I've never built one.
I would like to see them as well.
Sean
There are quiet a few bikes Ive seen with a fat 24 in the rear and a 26 up front. Look up the dyno deuce if you are looking for a fat style.

That's basically what I'm aiming for! I found this pic on a google search, love this set up!
ry7a6ahu.jpg

I have the electra sparker that is setup like that. It's a cool look with the fat rear tire, i think it's just a little shorter than a regular 26" cruiser tire. The problem with the fat tire, I don't think it will fit a regular 24" frame so I guess your stuck with a regular size 24" tire.

Yeah it might look ok I'm not sure what kind of tire choices there are in a 24. Is the 24" frame an ok size for you?

i agree with mikeeebikey drag bars with triple trees will definitely make the look.
as far as the tire fitting i do know some people have used blocks of wood to widen the rear drops.
now you got my brain clicking i may have to experiment a little and build one of these.

Latest posts

Back