• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

26 inch peaked/gothic Elgin front fender

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Luck o' the Irish. I bought a pair (or so the seller said) of peaked fenders for my '39 Elgin. They've been in a box for a while and I finally got another project finished and pulled these out to start working on them. The front was pretty messed up and a few hours with a hammer and dolly, and an orbital sander and I got it to looking good. I went to put it on the fork to see how everything would look and wouldn't you know it. The front fender is for a middleweight. So, now I'm in the market for a 26" balloon peaked/gothic (is there a difference or is it just a matter of semantics) front fender for a 1939 Elgin boy bike. If you have something that you think I'd be interested in, let me know. If I have to buy a pair to get the one, so be it. Anyone in need of a 26" peaked middleweight fender?

Thanks,
Ed

May have higgins front peaked how wide and long yours goes under fork ? or the one with the hole that slides down from top . Mike

The front fender that I have is a middleweight so I don't know if it's the correct length or not. However the middleweight is 24-1/2" long.
20200316_135921.jpg 20200316_135930.jpg

The rear fender is 3" wide +/- 1/8". (Kind of depends on where you measure it. I haven't begun working with it yet. It's just mocked up for now.)
20200316_135828.jpg

Let me know what have and, if possible, include a picture.
Thanks,
Ed

Latest posts

Back