3-Speed B.S.A. Getting back to its roots, military bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all, I picked up this 1970's-ish B.S.A. from a thrift store for $50, I had a nice hole in my collection for a British 3-speed. I also stumbled across another British 3-speed so I decided to turn this into a military build.

Here's when I first got it.
Military1.jpg

Military2.jpg

Military3.jpg

I disassembled it and dealt with some rust.
Military4.jpg

Then on to paint
Military5.jpg

Military6.jpg

Rebuilding, adding a rack.
Military7.jpg

This something I've never seen before. The rim strip is cloth that's looped through metal at the valve, strange.
Military8.jpg

Mostly back together.
Military9.jpg

Adding an ammo can to the rear rack
Military10.jpg

Both mounted.
Military11.jpg

Mocking up for the frame box.
Military12.jpg

Frame box mounting.
Military13.jpg

Painted and mounted.
Military14.jpg

I'm still going to add a chain so that the door will double as an impromptu table top.
Military15.jpg

That's as it sits now, still need to mount a way carry a rifle and I think the frame box should get stenciling of some sort, but not sure what. Thanks for viewing!

I like the way you mounted the frame box. The nuts aren't visible. A lot of e-bike builders will benefit from that idea.

Really nice build! I love the ammo can idea. I'm trying to do the same with a build I'm doing as well.
Love your bike!

That's awesome! I really like the table idea. The ammo boxes idea I might have to steal from you lol.

Latest posts

Back