Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6924A630-0773-4644-AD3E-323A68CE0657.jpeg

Old schwinn steel: 12.4oz
New ( to me) Sugino aluminum: 10.6oz

But that scale has gotta add at least a pound of cool, right?

3B957379-47FF-43BA-BB09-65B00DB39572.jpeg

Just BARELY fit...

FA88A379-5BF0-4B08-BCC3-3DC7E5E656E0.jpeg

Popped the wheels in, seatpost, proofided saddle and the slingshot stem in and this is where its at. I like where its going but still a lot of work to get done.

Looks like this dumb wheelset doesnt have a cog or the no turn washer kit or the shifter so Ive got some stuff to buy.:mad:

It just looks fast!!

26 x 2.2 fatties on a vintage Schwinn 10 speed frame? Priceless. :thumbsup:

I could see some 'shallow and wide' drop bars or a mustache style bar on here. I took a Wald bar that had about a 3" rise to it and a pretty good sweep, and turned them upside down on an old road bike way back when. Rode great, and had a very unique look to it. Wanted it to be a little closer to the fit my mountain bike gave me. Funny thing, that was 1989, and now all the rage is wide, shallow drop bars on 29er mtb's for 'adventure bike builds'. Dang. Missed out on another fortune. :grin:

I took a Wald bar that had about a 3" rise to it and a pretty good sweep, and turned them upside down on an old road bike way back when.

I've got a spiffy set of aluminum high rise city bars I'm planning to use. Not sure which orientation they'll be yet. Focused on digging up the missing drivetrain pieces at the moment. I was thinking about keeping the forged 1PC and going to an aluminum chain wheel but I'm way behind on my self imposed weight loss portion of the build so I'm on the hunt for a decent vintage looking vintage track singlespeed/track set.

Also, my wife and I checked out a new breakfast this weekend. Chicken and waffles... who knew? Forgot to take a picture.

Still at 205

I've got a spiffy set of aluminum high rise city bars I'm planning to use. Not sure which orientation they'll be yet. Focused on digging up the missing drivetrain pieces at the moment. I was thinking about keeping the forged 1PC and going to an aluminum chain wheel but I'm way behind on my self imposed weight loss portion of the build so I'm on the hunt for a decent vintage looking vintage track singlespeed/track set.

Also, my wife and I checked out a new breakfast this weekend. Chicken and waffles... who knew? Forgot to take a picture.

Still at 205
Just can't beat a Southern breakfast classic.
Love me some chicken and waffles!!

UPDATE: So I threw my back out lifting a cycletruck basket full of parts a few weeks ago. This is the first week I've been feeling better but I've gotten nothing done as far as the bike or exercise. I've just be lounging around stuffing my face with girl scout cookies.

Scored some wheels which hopefully are here by the weekend but we're supposed to get some significant weather over the next few days. I'm determined to finish both aspects of this build (but maybe not by the deadline).

Latest posts

Back